Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-08-2015, 12:50 AM   #646
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
I did try to transfer a book.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 04:55 AM   #647
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalthia View Post
Hi,

It appears that my plugboard settings have stopped working for my Sony PRS-T3. I created a column for my title, called "title_sony" and I've attached a screenshot of my plugboard settings.
Did it stop working as of a particular calibre release? And to perhaps belabor the obvious, have you verified that the spelling of the lookup name #title_sony is correct and that the column actually contains some text?

If you run calibre in debug mode then when you send a book to your T3 you will see messages telling you what plugboards are being used, when. The message will look something like "Device using plugboard" followed by information about the device, the format, and the plugboard itself; and "PRST1: Using Plugboard" followed by the plugboard.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2015, 12:52 AM   #648
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Did it stop working as of a particular calibre release? And to perhaps belabor the obvious, have you verified that the spelling of the lookup name #title_sony is correct and that the column actually contains some text?
I did verify that the lookup name was correct and the column contained information. I hadn't changed any settings in months so I wasn't sure why it just stopped working.

Quote:
If you run calibre in debug mode then when you send a book to your T3 you will see messages telling you what plugboards are being used, when. The message will look something like "Device using plugboard" followed by information about the device, the format, and the plugboard itself; and "PRST1: Using Plugboard" followed by the plugboard.
I'll try this out. Thanks!
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 01:19 PM   #649
Gary_M_Mugford
Groupie
Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo, Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post

The plethora of plug-ins and various debug mode reports brings to mind that a plug-in that would document much of Calibre and it's settings would be something very, very handy. Calibre is something I can hand to my mother who will use it in willful ignorance of its power and yet occupy the mind of those of us with programming backgrounds for hours at an end. I don't find myself very high in that part of the involvement stream, but I do piddle away.

And the thing I want most is something that will take all the settings for literally everything and put it on paper for me to check off and doodle with. Yes, the paperless society demands I don't, but I DO take screen shots of the settings and such and store them in Evernote, where I then print them from [G]. If somebody with immense knowledge of calibre's inner workings were to come along and make a documentor (hint, hint, hint, hint), I'm thinking I could very well do that that I have done before (the unseen act of rubbing my thumb across my index and middle fingers would make my intent obvious). Just sayin'.

Sorry for my interruption. I now return you to your thread. [G]

GM
Gary_M_Mugford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 05:26 PM   #650
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I have occasionally thought it might be nice to have a plugin which bundled up all settings for import/export.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2015, 01:24 AM   #651
Gary_M_Mugford
Groupie
Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I think the settings transfer plugin would be dandy. Having the settings in a NON-Binary format would be even better. Some of the editing windows in Calibre are a bit ... tightly squeezed. A result of what HAS to go into some of those windows. Editing in them is... tedious. Letting the settings out to breathe some air would surely create SOME chaos for support ... which I mean to say, for Kovid. So, I imagine he would find this to be a low-priority item, somewhere after developing a Windows v2.1 version of calibre. But with so much customization available to us all, some of which I have availed myself to, a documentor/transfer utility would rank high on my Birthday AND Christmas list, covering say, the next three years? Nary another present shall I seek.

Oh, and if some enterprising soul WERE to start this whole documentor plug-in, please start with documenting the User Categories stuff first. I need to merge two of them and it's a prospect I face with much trepidation.
Old 03-25-2015, 11:17 AM   #652
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
The user manual does fine on the documentation front, calibre 2.x has been released for Windows > XP (but see my sticky for information regarding XP users).
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 01:13 AM   #653
Gary_M_Mugford
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
The user manual does fine on the documentation front, calibre 2.x has been released for Windows > XP (but see my sticky for information regarding XP users).
E,

Think my tongue got TOOO far into my cheek. I said Windows 2.1 because I know there never will be a Windows 2.1 version, ever. And while expect SOMEBODY has that OS running as a lark somewhere, I do think it's been pretty well eradicated, meaning my chance of Kovid doing what I want here is roughly ZERO.

And by documentor, I will continue to point out I mean documentation of my settings, or those for other users. That way. while not being outright transfer utilities, we would have the ability to recreate with some precision.

Sorry about hijacking the thread. GM
Old 03-26-2015, 10:19 AM   #654
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary_M_Mugford View Post
E,

Think my tongue got TOOO far into my cheek. I said Windows 2.1 because I know there never will be a Windows 2.1 version, ever. And while expect SOMEBODY has that OS running as a lark somewhere, I do think it's been pretty well eradicated, meaning my chance of Kovid doing what I want here is roughly ZERO.

I remember hearing about it
I waited for Win 3.11 (AKA Windows for Workgroups) and even ran WFWG for DOS (the companion) on my DOS machines to allow file and printer sharing.
Quote:
from Wikipedia: Windows 2.1 was released in two different versions: Windows/286 and Windows/386. Windows/386 uses the virtual 8086 mode of Intel 80386 to multitask several DOS programs and the paged memory model to emulate expanded memory using available extended memory. Windows/286, in spite of its name, runs on both Intel 8086 and Intel 80286 processors. It runs in real mode but can make use of the high memory area.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 01:58 PM   #655
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary_M_Mugford View Post
Sorry about hijacking the thread. GM
It is hard to hijack a thread that is 4.5 years old and 44 pages long.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 04:31 AM   #656
hfpop
Addict
hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: N/A
Hello,

I have books named

series - nr - extra - author - title.mobi

where "extra - " may miss, and is:
- a descriptive like "subseries nr", for instance;
- the book language, when is different than that of the series.

I use the following to add metadata from the filename:

((?P<series>.+?) - |)((?P<series_index>.+?) - |)((?P<extra>.+?) - |)(?P<author>.+) - (?P<title>.+)

The problem is that I cannot add info for the user column from the filename at this step. What can I do to automatize this?

Thank you.
hfpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 11:36 AM   #657
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfpop View Post
Hello,

I have books named

series - nr - extra - author - title.mobi

where "extra - " may miss, and is:
- a descriptive like "subseries nr", for instance;
- the book language, when is different than that of the series.

I use the following to add metadata from the filename:

((?P<series>.+?) - |)((?P<series_index>.+?) - |)((?P<extra>.+?) - |)(?P<author>.+) - (?P<title>.+)

The problem is that I cannot add info for the user column from the filename at this step. What can I do to automatize this?

Thank you.
Correct
Custom columns are not supported here. (custom columns are a rather tricky sleight-o-hand beneath the covers)
As has been mentioned before: put extra's data into an unused regular column of the same type, then use bulk (mode) Metadata Search and Replace to move to the custom column
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 03:15 PM   #658
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I have been forever using this plugboard for my Kindle from the first post:
{series:|| }{series_index:0>2s|[|] - }{title}

However one thing that it doesnt get right is when the series index is not a round number - e.g. 1.5, 3.1 etc. In those circumstances it does not put the leading 0, which means the ordering is all wrong.

So you end up with:
My Series [01] - Title 1
My Series [02] - Title 2
My Series [1.5] - Title 1.5

Is there a way of fixing this?
kiwidude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 03:26 PM   #659
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
I have been forever using this plugboard for my Kindle from the first post:
{series:|| }{series_index:0>2s|[|] - }{title}

However one thing that it doesnt get right is when the series index is not a round number - e.g. 1.5, 3.1 etc. In those circumstances it does not put the leading 0, which means the ordering is all wrong.

So you end up with:
My Series [01] - Title 1
My Series [02] - Title 2
My Series [1.5] - Title 1.5

Is there a way of fixing this?
The 's' means treat the series as a string. The '2' in front means that it must be at least two letters long. The zero in front of the '>' means fill will the character '0' to meet the minimum length.

Your problem is that you want to treat the series as a floating point number with minimum sizes to the left and right of the decimal. This requires you to use a different type in the template. For example
Code:
{series:|| }{series_index:0>5.1f|[|] - }{title}
will give you minimum 3 digits to the left of the point, the point itself, and 1 digit to the right of the point. If all of your series indices are less than 1000 and have at most 1 digit to the right of the point then the template will work for you. Of course you can adjust the '5' and the '1' to meet your needs.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 06:20 PM   #660
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Awesome, thx chaley
kiwidude is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
custom column, tag, tags