Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-04-2009, 01:54 AM   #1
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Found a ghosting picture

On cnet.com of all places:
http://reviews.cnet.com/amazon-kindle-2/?tag=mncol;also

The pictures show ghosting from shopping on the amazon store... At least I am not crazy and it is happening to more people. When I called Amazon about it they told me it was probably a bad screen so they sent me a new one. Well, the new one came and it did the exact same thing.
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 04:31 PM   #2
Buran
Geek
Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis Waterproof 32GB 3G (without offers)
I see this happen for a little while when I start reading after it's been sleeping with the "slide power switch to wake" text showing at the bottom. I can see an imprint remaining of that warning, although it will go away after a time - although I haven't measured how many screen refreshes or "page" turns it takes for it to clear.

I've always considered it to be inherent in the e-ink screen and, since it is not permanent, have not found it to be a concern. Yet.

I'm not sure why I notice that more than any remaining imprint of the image itself, although it may be because there's a lot of black background behind the 'slide' warning that goes away when actively reading, if that makes sense.
Buran is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2009, 07:05 PM   #3
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
While reading a book, the Kindle2 doesn't refresh the tippy top line (where the time shows up when you press MENU) or the very bottom line (where "slide power switch" appears, I think). So, those images will indeed stay there for a while. [No big deal.]
On the HOME page, those lines do get refreshed. And/or probably when you push the MENU key (top line for sure gets refreshed, to display the time). So, if it isn't refreshing that area, there will be text there for some while.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote