Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-18-2016, 05:22 AM   #1
duraton
duraton began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs505 and Kobo Glo
no more light for the night in my Kobo

The light of my Kobo Glo went out this night.
I can use the reader but there is no more light.
If i turn on the light nothing happen, I can manage the level, but nothing occurs.

I tried to reset with a pin.
I tried the hard reset without succes.

Is there a kind of electric bulb inside? Has anyone already changed it?

thank you for the help and sorry for my bad english.

Last edited by duraton; 02-18-2016 at 05:22 AM. Reason: forgot to tell it is a Kobo Glo
duraton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 05:26 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
The light is from white LEDs. These should not fail. They are certainly not user-replaceable.

I suggest you contact Kobo. This sounds like a fault that should be covered by guarantee.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2016, 05:40 AM   #3
duraton

My Kobo is two years old... no more guaranty... I phoned at KOBO and they told me to reset...
Old 02-18-2016, 09:15 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The light on my Glo failed after about 26 months. Nothing I did showed anything wrong except that the light didn't turn on. That included discussion with Kobo, running some diagnostics and pulling it apart. I couldn't find anything.

I used it as an excuse to buy an Aura H2O and then later a Glo HD.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 04:29 AM   #5
duraton

Thank you for the return... I know now that nothing is possible to do... It's funny because ours is 26 monthes too... Programmed obsolescence... It's a pity because it works perfectly and my husband who uses it is a night reader... I will buy him a mini light... but it is not so cool! And his birthday is on november

Thanks again
Advert
Old 02-20-2016, 04:31 AM   #6
melovesflying
Groupie
melovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, Kobo Aura, Kobo Glo HD
Why not go for an upgrade and buy the Glo HD? I have it and I love it even more than my old Aura.
melovesflying is offline   Reply With Quote