Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-22-2008, 02:37 AM   #1
TBL
TBL began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
Pen not available in some PDFs

Hi,

I'm brand new to this, so apologize if this is ridiculously simple (have searched the forum).

I have all my PDFs on a CF card, transferred there via USB (Vista). In some of them, the pen to scribble with is available while in others it is not. Looking at the file structure, it seems that the Iliad creates a subdirectory with a manifest.xml file for some but not others. Any suggestions? This is the main task for which I bought the Iliad.

Thanks very much.
Tom
TBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 10:01 AM   #2
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Are some dirs marked as somehow "write-protected" on your CF card? Making a sub dir, moving the pdf file to it and create a manifest.xml/scribble file is a must-do for iLiad, otherwise it can't write the last read page in manifest.xml etc./scribbles.

Last edited by yokos; 06-23-2008 at 10:04 AM.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert