Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 10-06-2013, 09:14 AM   #1
pynch
why in?
pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Aura
Joyce, James: Finnegans Wake & Work in Progress | v.1.0 | 6 Oct 2013

This is a special edition of James Joyce’s Finnegans Wake (Faber & Faber 1939, wikipedia), taken from the epub of his Complete Works, but with additional material:

Click image for larger version

Name:	fw-cover.jpg
Views:	804
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	112902

EARLY DRAFTS
Short texts that Joyce wrote in 1923/24 and which were later incorporated into the Wake: ‘Roderick O’Conor’, ‘Saint Kevin’, ‘Berkeley and Patrick’, ‘Tristan and Isolde’, ‘H.C.E.’, ‘Mamalujo’, ‘The Cad Kernel’, and ‘The Revered Letter.’ These are sourced from the (now apparently defunct) robotwisdom site.

WORK IN PROGRESS
Most of Finnegans Wake (= everything except chapter IV.1) had appeared in various magazines before its book publication. As Joyce tended to rewrite passages after they were first released, these earlier versions often differ substantially from the 1939 text. Most chapters were published first in the Paris literary journal transition, of which you will currently find here the nos. 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 13, and 15. Also included is the first ever publication of a Wake text from the transatlantic review no. 4 (April 1924). I intend to add further texts from transition later.
This section also has the texts that were published in book form between 1930 and 1934: Anna Livia Plurabelle (Faber & Faber, 1932), Two Tales of Shem and Shaun (‘The Mookse and the Gripes’ & ‘The Ondt and the Gracehoper’, Faber & Faber, 1932), Haveth Childers Everywhere (Fountain Press, 1930), and The Mime of Mick, Nick and the Maggies (The Servire Press, 1934).

FINNEGANS WAKE
The ‘novel’ that Faber & Faber first published on May 4, 1939, in the revised 1975 state that the Trent University used for its digitisation. All the mistakes mentioned on fweet.org have been corrected.

THE CHANGES
This section is the reason for this special epub edition of Finnegans Wake, as it didn’t seem to make sense to include it in the Complete Works. For the lucky or unlucky few who like to compare the Wake text with its earlier incarnations, it shows how the text changed between the magazine versions and the 1939 publication. Deleted words or passages are crossed out, and text added later is underlined.

Best,
pynch.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Joyce - Finnegans Wake v1.0.epub (1.61 MB, 8377 views)

Last edited by pynch; 02-08-2016 at 11:58 AM.
pynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 03:06 PM   #2
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
thankaranksasassalollotott
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2013, 03:36 PM   #3
medard
Wizard
medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Electronic Paper
Thank you very much for this awesome edition of Finnegans Wake. It looks perfect on my Sony Reader. I have an old pocket book edition of Finnegans Wake from faber and faber, I bought this once as a kid in London. Now I'll have this digital version arround me everywhere I go. Thanks a lot.
medard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:20 AM   #4
pynch
why in?
pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by medard View Post
Thank you very much for this awesome edition of Finnegans Wake. It looks perfect on my Sony Reader. I have an old pocket book edition of Finnegans Wake from faber and faber, I bought this once as a kid in London. Now I'll have this digital version arround me everywhere I go. Thanks a lot.
In case anyone uses their paper edition of FW for quotes, which is usually done with page and line numbers, there’s a new pdf version here that replicates the formatting of the 1975 standard edition by Faber & Faber.
pynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 04:05 AM   #5
Miilu
Miilu began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank you so much!
I've been looking for a true to original PDF of Finnegans Wake for years, and now this landed on my desk like a Deus ex machina.
In the case of FW it is imperative to have the line numbering intact.
Miilu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert