Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-11-2012, 01:30 PM   #16
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
check the logs (;dumpMessages)
Search bar.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 01:33 PM   #17
shaana
shaana began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G
Please tell me where can I find this log file.
shaana is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2012, 01:45 PM   #18
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

;debugOn
;dumpMessages
;debugOff

Run those three commands in the Home search bar. An all_logs_*.txt log will be dumped in the documents folder. Also, the *forum* search bar is also your friend, I've been repeating this thing for more than two years.
Old 08-11-2012, 02:01 PM   #19
shaana

Thanks, I dump it, but I don't understand this log. What can I do now? :-(
Old 08-11-2012, 02:21 PM   #20
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaana View Post
Thanks, I dump it, but I don't understand this log. What can I do now? :-(
Duh...
Post it as an attachment so we can read it.
Or at least re-type the lines that mention failures.

Last edited by knc1; 08-11-2012 at 02:27 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2012, 02:31 PM   #21
shaana

Here is my log http://www.shaana.cz/userfiles/all_l..._CEST_2012.txt

I am not able to select lines about update failure.

Thanks for your help and patience.
Old 08-11-2012, 03:36 PM   #22
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Code:
120811:194555 ota_install: I def:patch:patchinfo="/opt/amazon/ebook/booklet/AudiblePlayer.jar":patching file
120811:194556 ota_install: C def:patch:patchinfo="/opt/amazon/ebook/booklet/AudiblePlayer.jar":checksum failure
120811:194556 ota_install: I def:patch:current_md5=721763da91d6c021e93c77092de0732a,expected_md5=d23c4e719e767231caf699697a45d4ba,patch_md5=2c52e19bee5b98c663e7330b3fbd0508:checksum verify
120811:194558 system: E otaup:def:image update failed
Err, that's weird. I don't remember any hack ever touching this... Does that ring a bell for anyone?
Old 08-11-2012, 03:46 PM   #23
shaana

Thanks, it's mean, that /opt/amazon/ebook/booklet/AudiblePlayer.jar is corrupted?
Or what else?
Old 08-11-2012, 04:51 PM   #24
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@shaana: It means that something (usually a hack) modified it, barring that, that it's corrupted, which might not be a good sign...
Old 08-11-2012, 05:08 PM   #25
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

But it should be easy to fix.
Mount one of the recovery images, pull out a copy of that one file (which has the correct md5sum), replace the file that does not pass, then update.

Hmm...
Could this file be the result of a partially completed update?
I.E: we know the O.P. has tried to do the update more than once, but we can not be certain that the ota updater can always detect files that have already been patched.

Ah, well, replace the file and then try again.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:28 PM   #26
shaana

@NiLuJe: Thank You very much.

@knc1 Could this file be the result of a partially completed update? Yes, that is probably the reason.

Can you able to send me this original file with correct checksum?
Old 08-11-2012, 05:42 PM   #27
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
@NiLuJe: Thank You very much.

@knc1 Could this file be the result of a partially completed update? Yes, that is probably the reason.

Can you able to send me this original file with correct checksum?
you can find links to pastebin pages that list the recovery images here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=170929

You will need access to a computer (other than the Kindle) that runs something other than Windows to be able to mount the recovery images.

If the only things you have all run Windows, then get yourself a "Linux LiveCD" that lets you run Linux memory resident rather than installed on your Windows box.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:53 PM   #28
shaana

I found here kernel & mmcblk0p1 ver. 3.3, but mmcblk0p1 has broken link :-7
Old 08-11-2012, 07:46 PM   #29
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
I found here kernel & mmcblk0p1 ver. 3.3, but mmcblk0p1 has broken link :-7
The gitbrew site that hosts the K3 images will be down for another week or so. Additional download links will be added to the pastebin page when available.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:05 PM   #30
shaana

Can somebody send me AudiblePlayer.jar to my e-mail shaana@shaana.cz?
I try manually copy them into Kindle filesystem using usbNetwork and SCP.
Is this method doable?
Thanks and good night.