Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 10-26-2010, 06:43 PM   #1
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
"Last Exit in New Jersey" by C. E. Grundler

I'm not usually a fan of thrillers, preferring my mysteries on the "cozier" side, but once I got into the book, I was completely hooked!
In a nutshell, South Jersey girl Hazel finds herself involved with some nasty characters when she starts looking into the disappearance of her cousin Micah. Stevenson, an mysterious outsider from Up North, appears on the scene at that point, with a job hauling a boat (Hazel's family business) up to the NYC area; her father readily agrees to get her out of the area. Then, the storyline alternates with Otto, a rather ... non-conformist young man, mixed up with Stevenson, though unclear exactly how. Action shifts up and down the Garden State Parkway as Micah's situation grows increasingly intense.

For the record, Hazel's not a cross between Nancy Drew and Stephanie Plum, but a gal from an overlooked part of the Garden State, resourceful enough to get the answers she's looking for (though not expecting!) in the end. To be honest, I appreciated the scenes with Otto, and his ... sidekick Annabel, more, but the book's so well-written it's all good.

Last Exit is available at Smashwords and Amazon for a price that's a fraction of what it should be going for (ebook only, there's currently no print version).

Disclaimer: I am neither a friend, nor relation, of the author. I wrote this post because I felt the story was truly outstanding.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 02:19 PM   #2
cegrundler
Enthusiast
cegrundler is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!cegrundler is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!cegrundler is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!cegrundler is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!cegrundler is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!cegrundler is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!cegrundler is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!cegrundler is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!cegrundler is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!cegrundler is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!cegrundler is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kindle
SeaBookGuy,

My day just keeps getting better! I was coming on here to post that Red Adept Reviews gave me a 5-Star review http://redadeptreviews.com/?p=3481, and I discover your post.

As the author, I can't tell you how happy it makes me to read something like this, and as an Indie author I really appreciate when a reader enjoys my book and takes the time to tell others.

Thanks again!

C.E. Grundler
Last Exit In New Jersey
cegrundler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert