Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 08-28-2009, 05:13 PM   #1
sein
Connoisseur
sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle, inkBook, Kobo
FBReader: Like Having a jetBook on your Computer!

I've just found out that, by using FBReader on my computer, I can actually see how an ebook will show up in my jetBook, with the exact page formatting, and even the images' exact sizes!

I run FBReader in a window sized proportionally like jetBook's screen. In the Preferences Dialog I choose the Verdana font, size 21, Line Spacing 1.2, Aligment Left. I even choose a light greenish gray in Colors for background and voilá, I have a jetBook on my computer! This way I can actually see how an ebook will look like before loading it on my jetBook, and make all the changes in formatting if necessary. In the Preferences Dialog you can even turn on the Indicator (Show as: Old Style Indicator) and I have a duplicate of the progress bar of my jetBook. It even shows the exact same number of pages of the ebook as in my jetBook! The only difference is that it's positioned at the bottom of the page and not to the right.

Since FBReader can accept all ebook formats of jetBook (except PDFs), I find this very useful for creating and previewing an ebook. Maybe ECTACO is really using FBReader after all, even though it has never been officially confirmed. Since the FBReader is such a good application, we can only hope for more improvements in the jetBook's future firmwares, like the capacity of using hyperlinks.

Link for FBReader:
http://www.fbreader.org/about.php
sein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 07:56 PM   #2
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Good tip sein, thanks!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2009, 01:32 PM   #3
vsalvaggio
Zealot
vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kindle
Great tip! Thanks.
vsalvaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 09:18 PM   #4
sein
Connoisseur
sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle, inkBook, Kobo
I've just realized that FBReader omit many of the paragraphs separation like jetBook used to do in its previous firmware. A pity. Lucky for jetBook users that the problem has been solved with the actual firmware.
sein is offline   Reply With Quote