Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 02-22-2009, 05:14 PM   #1
alehel
Zealot
alehel began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Youtube series

Seeing as I've recently recieved my cybook I've decided to put together a bunch of youtube videos. The first one probably wont be of interest to most here as it's just an unboxing, but I'll be putting together more videos covering various aspects of the cybook and ebooks in general. Mainly doing it for fun and also to help out those who are still wondering which device to get.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1ADZLYSc6s
alehel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 05:33 PM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Looking at the paperback with which you compared the Cybook Gen3, you should definitely download HarryT's excellent Tarzan omnibus.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20707

This is just the first of five omnibus editions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alehel View Post
Seeing as I've recently recieved my cybook I've decided to put together a bunch of youtube videos. The first one probably wont be of interest to most here as it's just an unboxing, but I'll be putting together more videos covering various aspects of the cybook and ebooks in general. Mainly doing it for fun and also to help out those who are still wondering which device to get.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1ADZLYSc6s
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2009, 06:23 PM   #3
alehel
Zealot

Thanks for that link. I've already downloaded HarryT Sherlock Holmes omnibus and I was extremely pleased with it. Before I was aware that one could get these kinds of things legally free I actually purchased a complete sherlock holmes set and the quality wasn't nearly as good as the one that HarryT put together. On the one I purchased, the first sentance on the first page said SherlockHolmes. They acually managed to miss a space on the first page. Not a good impression.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:41 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Yes, Arthur Conan Doyle died in 1930, so all his books are now in the public domain pretty much everywhere except the USA, where his post-1922 books remain under copyright protection, unfortunately.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 04:43 PM   #5
alehel
Zealot

I did notice though that several of the Tarzan books were published quite late and so I wondered how these could be distributed. I seem to remember one being published as late as the 50's.
Advert
Old 02-25-2009, 02:46 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The MR server is in Canada which has a "life + 50" copyright law. You do need to check before you download whether or not it's legal for you to download a particular book, if that bothers you.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote