Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 11:29 AM   #61
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalbrecht View Post
I wonder if I were to buy the current issues today, whether I would get the November issues or if I'd get the December issues twice. In clicking on it, I guess I'd get the December issues twice. I wonder why B&N won't deduct the subscription cost from my credit card.
According to the blurb, new subscriptions still get a 14 day trial, so it may be that you won't be charged for a couple of weeks. If it's not a new subscription, then I have no idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I'd like to see the box this eBook comes in.
It's a VirtualBox... ba dump dump.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:30 AM   #62
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Today's UK-only Sainsbury ebook 99p offering features the Hunger Games Trilogy for £0.99 each.
Does Sainsburys accept PayPal or do you have to have a CC on file with them to purchase?
Advert
Old 10-10-2013, 11:33 AM   #63
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
Does Sainsburys accept PayPal or do you have to have a CC on file with them to purchase?
Only MasterCard and Visa.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:34 AM   #64
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Quote:
I suspect that this only contains stories from Peoject Gutenberg that are out of copyright in the US, because of their arcane copyright rules.

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/author/2960

probably has all the stories for free, for our American members.
Oh...me saw bundle and cheap and thought I'd share...thanks for the info
Old 10-10-2013, 11:38 AM   #65
hwlester
Wizard

Quote:
Only MasterCard and Visa.
Thank you. That's what I suspected.
Advert
Old 10-10-2013, 11:47 AM   #66
arjaybe
Guru
arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Re: recommending author-published books

Quote:
arjaybe
Does that mean only books published by oneself (the poster,) or books self-published by any author?

rjb
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
In the past in this thread it's meant both.
That doesn't seem fair.

rjb
Old 10-10-2013, 12:26 PM   #67
odo
Connoisseur
odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleStar View Post
I would get Old Man's War at that price, but unfortunately it's not available in the Canadian store. At least I can't find it anywhere. When I search for it I just get all the other books in the series, but not Old Man's War.
These links work for me (I live in Spain):

http://www.amazon.com/Old-Mans-War-ebook/dp/B004M8S6FC/
http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/Old-M...-qzIMCvH8w&r=2
Old 10-10-2013, 12:30 PM   #68
odo
Connoisseur
odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
No longer free.
Yeah Unfortunately it was only free until the 9th (as I stated)
Old 10-10-2013, 12:32 PM   #69
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Smile Gentlemen Bastards at it again ....

"Republic of Thieves " out at last, £7.49 on Amazon UK, Scott Lynch's latest in the series - and the first, "Lies of Locke Lamorra" is on for I think 99p, which is a really good price to get into the saga.
Admirers who are aware of his circumstances, of his trials and tribulations, will be glad it seems the author has emerged, hopefully well, from a bad place.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:28 PM   #70
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjaybe View Post

That doesn't seem fair.

rjb
If you spot a good deal on someone's self-pubbed book that puts it in the bargain or free category you can always start a new thread in this forum just for that book. You don't have to write off self-published works.

It's just that this particular thread is just for previously commercially released books. It does help guide members who look for that kind of "pedigree."
Old 10-10-2013, 02:46 PM   #71
arjaybe
Guru
arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
In the past in this thread it's meant both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
If you spot a good deal on someone's self-pubbed book that puts it in the bargain or free category you can always start a new thread in this forum just for that book. You don't have to write off self-published works.

It's just that this particular thread is just for previously commercially released books. It does help guide members who look for that kind of "pedigree."
Okay. That makes sense.

rjb
Old 10-10-2013, 02:54 PM   #72
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

That doesn't seem fair.
Self-published books by authors who have never been published by a third party are even more variable in quality than books from 'traditional' publishers.

They are also frequently offered for free for a few days each quarter.

If I accepted self-published books in this thread, it would be swamped.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:57 PM   #73
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
"Republic of Thieves " out at last, £7.49 on Amazon UK, Scott Lynch's latest in the series - and the first, "Lies of Locke Lamorra" is on for I think 99p, which is a really good price to get into the saga.
Admirers who are aware of his circumstances, of his trials and tribulations, will be glad it seems the author has emerged, hopefully well, from a bad place.
Having just read the second, I'm tempted, and if it was couponable at Kobo, I'd probably get it. But since it isn't, I'll wait for the paperback to come out and the ebook price to drop.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:00 PM   #74
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by odo View Post

They don't work for me. It must be geo-restricted.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:22 PM   #75
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:

That doesn't seem fair.

rjb

Three points:

1.) Do not post any self-published books in this thread, and please do a search before posting to avoid duplicates.

2.) It means that you - as an author - cannot promote your books in this thread or in this forum. This applies to all authors/publishers, of course.

Any self-promotion outside of the Self-Promotion forum (a place set up specifically for authors to self-promote their offerings) is strictly prohibited and is considered spam.

3.) Here is a link to our posting guidelines for self-promotion for any interested members:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90052

Don
(Moderator)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 10-10-2013 at 03:26 PM.
Closed Thread