Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-21-2012, 09:55 AM   #1
tentimes
tentimes began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Failing on CHM conversion - stuck. File attached.

Hi,

I am getting a lot of fails on CHM conversion. To aid debugging I am attaching the file, it is the open source Ruby documentation file in CHM format.

I have it running for hours now and it just sticks. Usually at 1%, but this time at 67% since I removed heuristics.

Please can someone have a look and advise why this might be happening? I am not looking for someone to convert my book, I am more interested in why the CHM conversion works so poorly. There is maybe something I can do to get it to work?

File that fails is attached.

Many thanks,

Kevin

EDIT: It has been at 67% for 10 hours. My machine is a very fast/powerful gaming machine.
Attached Files
File Type: rar ruby19-stdlib.rar (3.91 MB, 142 views)
tentimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 02:35 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
As long as the conversion is running, let it run. For really badly designed files, it can take 24 hours. As for why it is taking so long, use the debug option and look at the markup that the chm file contains. CHM is a Microsoft format, just be glad it converts at all.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert