Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 02-28-2010, 12:27 PM   #1
zetareticuli
Addict
zetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litter

Device: Aztak Mentor
eDGe battery information

Running the eDGe for 5 hours, using LCD and wireless consistently, using it as a netbook, battery shows about 15% remaining. This is from an initial full charge. I still have to do testing for battery from the eInk display.
zetareticuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 05:13 AM   #2
Batman Jr.
Unstoppably Curious
Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3/Fire; BB Z10; enTourage eDGe/Pocket eDGe; iPad4/iPod touch 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetareticuli View Post
Running the eDGe for 5 hours, using LCD and wireless consistently, using it as a netbook, battery shows about 15% remaining. This is from an initial full charge. I still have to do testing for battery from the eInk display.
zetareticuli,

I've had three sessions of about an hour each, devoted mainly to going through the manual and testing things as needed. So not a lot of heavy LCD usage at this point, but the eDGe was fully charged at 10:30 p.m. on Friday, 2/26. It's now 4:15 a.m., Monday, 3/1, and the battery indicator still reads full. So it would seem that at least the 16-hour estimate for the e-reader side may be valid.
Batman Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:58 AM   #3
zetareticuli
Addict
zetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litter

Batman, good to know. It would appear that the 6 hour for the LCD is also right on point.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:36 AM   #4
mgm1979
Zealot
mgm1979 is on a distinguished road

Device: Entourage eDGe
unscientific, but I'd say I got a solid 5 hrs of use on the LCD before the battery indicator turned orange and I plugged it in again last night...I'm sure everyone knows this already, but just in case, batteries never perform to their peak performance on the first charge.

So far, I'm pleased with the performance...looking forward to see where I'm at after the 3rd or 4th full charge.
mgm1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:57 PM   #5
Polydwarf
Enthusiast
Polydwarf began at the beginning.

Device: SmartQ V7, Cybook Opus
After a few days now, how is battery life holding up?

And, does anyone have a feel for battery life when using the edge as a ebook reader only?
Polydwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:51 AM   #6
zetareticuli
Addict

I have gone 10 hours with the eInk side and the battery shows about 40% left. With the LCD side on as well, battery life is approximately 5 1/2 hours (from my experience).
Old 03-06-2010, 11:14 AM   #7
paulckennedy
Addict
paulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-books

Device: Apple iPad
Has anyone found an app which will make a sound when the power supply gets plugged in and one when it is unplugged?

I keep thinking I have this thing charging overnight just to find that the plug wasn't fully seated.
paulckennedy is offline   Reply With Quote