Notices

Old 12-06-2009, 10:30 AM   #1
kpfeifle
Enthusiast
kpfeifle began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300- Kindle 3 (WiFi)
Bricking my 300

Hi All:

Anybody noticed that the 300 sometimes goes into paperweight mode when you try to change the font size in a large book? I can always get it to do it in the middle of "The Stand" Have also seen this happen in other books as well (both public domain and purchased). A hard reset always gets it back, so not a huge deal..but would like to know if I'm the only one with this problem...

Kevin
kpfeifle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 03:29 PM   #2
rft183
rft183 began at the beginning.

Device: Google Nexus 7
It takes a very long time to change the font size the first time. Especially on the really long books. However, if you let it sit for a while, it will eventually change. After you cycle through all the font sizes once, it is faster the second time.
rft183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 04:09 PM   #3
Connallmac
Transplanted NYer
Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9", Kindle Fire HD 7", Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpfeifle View Post
Hi All:

Anybody noticed that the 300 sometimes goes into paperweight mode when you try to change the font size in a large book? I can always get it to do it in the middle of "The Stand" Have also seen this happen in other books as well (both public domain and purchased). A hard reset always gets it back, so not a huge deal..but would like to know if I'm the only one with this problem...

Kevin
I had a similar problem with my Kindle 2 while reading "The Stand". It would cause my Kindle to become unresponsive until I restarted. Shortly after calling Kindle support and running through their list of fixes the only thing we could do was to delete the file from my Kindle. They then pulled "The Stand" from sale in the Kindle store for a while until they could get the publisher to fix the problem. At which time I was able to download it again, and since then I have had no trouble with it. Perhaps the version from the Sony store has a similar issue?
Connallmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:07 AM   #4
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
If you use eBook Library, it does the calculation for you and font size change happens instataneously on the reader.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:13 AM   #5
kpfeifle
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
If you use eBook Library, it does the calculation for you and font size change happens instataneously on the reader.
I am using the Ebook Library....
Old 12-07-2009, 09:23 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Is this ePub or LRF/LRX?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 12:13 PM   #7
shrikebx
King of the Vagabonds
shrikebx began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300 (Blue)
Yeah my 300 had to reboot after I tried to change the text to Large for a 2,000 page ebook (lrf). I don't read things in large but its kinda a big glitch if you ask me.
shrikebx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:17 AM   #8
kpfeifle
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Is this ePub or LRF/LRX?
It's LRF...straight download from the Sony store.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:22 AM   #9
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpfeifle View Post
It's LRF...straight download from the Sony store.
You can currently only download LRX formatted ebooks from the Sony eBook Store, until December 11th, then only ePub formatted eBooks can be downloaded.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote