Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-12-2012, 10:19 AM   #16
simmonsk
simmonsk began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rupor View Post
ALL AMR related packages have been updated to new version of Sony firmware - 1.0.05.11130. That includes Apps2SD. A bunch of new packages (for automatic resizing of /data partition and installing full set of dictionaries have been released). So full AMR functionality and than some is available on new firmware...

In order to update avoiding problems you need to uninstall what you have on the device (remove Apps2SD, if you repartitioned device - restore from backup, etc). Then apply Sony update to 1.0.05.11130 and apply whatever you need (including new AMR)...
Rupor,

Where are the 1.0.05 packages posted? The page still has the files back in May with firmware 1.0.04.

http://sonyfmngr.sourceforge.net/prsT1.htm

It is linked from

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/PRST...ing_and_Tweaks

Thanks
simmonsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:46 AM   #17
rupor
meat popsicle
rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindles, Pixels, iPads
All AMR related packages could be obtained from here. Sorry, you will have to use Google Translation - but everything targeting 1.0.05 firmware is clearly marked as such. I did not have a chance to update sourceforge page yet...

SD card restore (or recovery) sets from porkupan are all here - files starting with "restore set". I suggest you use only his packages and nothing else - it should be more than enough.

My rescue set (for full backup/restore) is available here (Google translation). Place did not change, but package has been updated.

Last edited by rupor; 12-12-2012 at 10:59 AM.
rupor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:16 AM   #18
simmonsk
simmonsk began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rupor View Post
All AMR related packages could be obtained from here. Sorry, you will have to use Google Translation - but everything targeting 1.0.05 firmware is clearly marked as such. I did not have a chance to update sourceforge page yet...

SD card restore (or recovery) sets from porkupan are all here - files starting with "restore set". I suggest you use only his packages and nothing else - it should be more than enough.

My rescue set (for full backup/restore) is available here (Google translation). Place did not change, but package has been updated.
Thanks.
simmonsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:24 AM   #19
pej
pej began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
Dear Rupor,

First of all, let me acknowledge that I do not expect you to solve my issue as you do not have to.

I have a PRS-T1 which was rooted to version 1.0.05.11130 using this file restore-set-1.0.05.11130-us.zip. After a while I installed the new original update from Sony to the version 1.0.06.03210.
Then again, after some time, I decided to revert back to rooted version 1.0.05.11130. At the time, I did not know this will defect the reader; now however, I know I shouldn't have taken this action in the first place.

The device now functions properly. However, whenever I connect the reader to the USB cable, it freezes and requires a reset using the reset button.
Basically the device is unusable.
I was wondering, at your convenience, if you could suggest me for any instruction to repair the device, if there is any.

Thank you in advance,
Pej
pej is offline   Reply With Quote