Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-24-2014, 02:22 PM   #541
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
I can't get launcher.sh to respond to touch input on Kobo Aura H2O. Is there a workaround? I can break the scripts an rerun, but it remains the same.

The telnet terminal gives:
Code:
[root@(none) vlasovsoft]# ./launcher.sh
killall: nickel: no process killed
killall: hindenburg: no process killed
ScreenPlugin::ScreenPlugin()
ScreenPlugin::keys()
ScreenPlugin::create()
KoboFb - Screen size: 1440 x 1080 (120mm x 90mm)
KoboKb()
[2014-11-24 20:18:01]   I       Program started, version: 1.2.6."efdc133bd915"
[2014-11-24 20:18:01]   I       Pipe thread started
Object::connect: No such signal PipeThread::sigSuspendRequest()
Object::connect:  (receiver name: 'Launcher')
[2014-11-24 20:18:01]   I       Kobo version: N250483008174,2.6.35.3,3.11.0,2.6.35.3,2.6.35.3,00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000370
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 04:17 PM   #542
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
I can't get launcher.sh to respond to touch input on Kobo Aura H2O. Is there a workaround? I can break the scripts an rerun, but it remains the same.
I am not sure whether I understand your question, but I wonder whether you replaced the mouse/touch driver by the new one.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 06:18 AM   #543
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Moaan Inkpalm 5.
I use coolreader with KSM, it works perfectly on my H2O using the new touch driver from https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...1&postcount=11
jlynton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 01:30 PM   #544
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
Nope. I didn't do it for CR, only for KSM. Thanks
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 03:36 PM   #545
SatorArepo
SatorArepo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2 / Kobo Aura HD, PB touch lux 3
Hi,
I'm using version 1.2.6.41 on my kobo AuraHD and everything is working fine so far. Only the 'cr3.app.ui.toc.font.size' setting in the cr3.ini does not show any effect. All other optional lines do as described in the wiki. Interesting, that even 'cr3.app.ui.default.font.size' does not affect the table of contents. Any ideas??

Thx
SatorArepo
SatorArepo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 12:36 AM   #546
kaznelson
Old Kaz
kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by SatorArepo View Post
Any ideas?
Old version. Update from pbchess-2014.12_kobo.zip (see here).
kaznelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 12:06 PM   #547
SHunter101
Connoisseur
SHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel is

Device: Kobo AuraH2O, Glo, AuraHD, JBC2
Hello:

Small issue with CR. Whenever I exit CR it reboots my auraHD and H2O. I recall in previous versions of CR, when exited it would go to the default kobo software and would not reboot the device. Any suggestions? I am using the latest kobo software, the 2014.12 build of CR and the latest patch from Geoffr.

Thanks
Shunter
SHunter101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 07:55 PM   #548
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Device: Nexus 7, Sony Xperia z3 tablet, Kobo Glo, Boyue T63
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHunter101 View Post
Hello:

Small issue with CR. Whenever I exit CR it reboots my auraHD and H2O. I recall in previous versions of CR, when exited it would go to the default kobo software and would not reboot the device. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Shunter
Hello, rebooting is the expected result now. Some changes to the Kobo firmware over the summer required extra changes to CR which don't translate well to going directly to the default kobo software. My understanding is that the cleanest solution was to reboot after exiting.
Justy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 09:25 PM   #549
SHunter101
Connoisseur
SHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel is

Device: Kobo AuraH2O, Glo, AuraHD, JBC2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justy View Post
Hello, rebooting is the expected result now. Some changes to the Kobo firmware over the summer required extra changes to CR which don't translate well to going directly to the default kobo software. My understanding is that the cleanest solution was to reboot after exiting.
Hi Justy:

Thanks for the clarification.

Best,
SH
SHunter101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 10:02 AM   #550
Maniac
Maniac began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-650
Where can I find the source code for the Cool Reader Kobo port? Since Cool Reader is licenced under the GPL the source code must be available.
Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 07:10 AM   #551
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I think Sergey probably intends to push it to https://github.com/sergeyvl/vlasovsoft
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 09:26 AM   #552
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Moaan Inkpalm 5.
Sergey, the download site at http://vlasovsoft.triolan.com.ua/ is down, are the coolreader files available anywhere else?
jlynton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 05:42 PM   #553
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
I think Sergey probably intends to push it to https://github.com/sergeyvl/vlasovsoft
Right
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 05:43 PM   #554
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlynton View Post
Sergey, the download site at http://vlasovsoft.triolan.com.ua/ is down, are the coolreader files available anywhere else?
Thanks, fixed!
Old 01-14-2015, 07:57 AM   #555
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

pbchess-2015.02

Hi!

The new version is available.

The main change in CR is that I've (at last!) switched to the latest CR engine. So, a lot of problems of old CR probably will gone.

PLEASE NOTE that it's version for testing. I want to make it stable this week.