Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-15-2013, 02:53 AM   #1
notzed
notzed has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.notzed has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.notzed has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.notzed has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.notzed has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kobo touch
Thumbs down what happened to ext filesystem support?

So i've been using an ext2 filesystem just fine with my kobo touch. Very handy for hacking on it, and well because I use my sdcards for other reasons.

And it worked ok in the kobo glo I just bought, until I just 'upgraded' (so-called) the firmware to the latest version and now it's complaining that it isn't "fat 32" and can no longer read the disk.

Very annoyed.
notzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:00 PM   #2
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by notzed View Post
So i've been using an ext2 filesystem just fine with my kobo touch. Very handy for hacking on it, and well because I use my sdcards for other reasons.

And it worked ok in the kobo glo I just bought, until I just 'upgraded' (so-called) the firmware to the latest version and now it's complaining that it isn't "fat 32" and can no longer read the disk.

Very annoyed.
i may be off base with this, but....

i have got that message recently even though my sd card IS formatted fat 32....sometimes just taking it in and out a few times cleared it up, but i think once i had to reformat it.

Anyway, my feeling was that it was just a standard error message and had little to do with the formatting.

But maybe someone out there has knowledge that ext2 isn't accepted anymore....I can reformat mine and see if i get the same issue if you like, it happens to be empty at the moment anyway
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2013, 05:50 AM   #3
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo eReader Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Will also be interested in that
vlad59 is offline   Reply With Quote