Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-11-2013, 07:07 AM   #721
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I was surprised when my books did turn up in my nook UK account earlier this year. Actually accessing them is more difficult - the nook UK web site shows only 27. Either the 27 most recent, or the 27 first or last in alphabetical order by title or author. Incredibly, the nook UK web site has no way to show all the books in a bigger library!

Nook Study allowed me to access them all, and re-download them.

I'm sorry for all the other ex-Fictionwise members who haven't got their books transferred. I doubt you'll see them now.

And it does seem likely that the transfer to B&N will only have postponed the day when I'll have to rely solely on my own backups and records of these books for access. When they can't get such a simple thing right, either in process or function, I don't have much faith in their future as a business.

(Oh - I also have a nook Simple Touch with Glowlight. It doesn't show all my books either, only about a couple of hundred of them. Weird.)
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:07 AM   #722
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I think I posted this before, but in case I didn't here is the special email address B&N set up for contacting them about the FW and eReader transfers fwer@barnesandnoble.com

I don't know if it does any more good that contacting CS through regular methods or if anyone wants to bother with it anymore at this point, but there it is.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2014, 07:11 AM   #723
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Barnes and Noble are sending out checks to cover Buywise club membership!

Thank to The Digital Reader for alerting me.

I've also posted about this in a new thread, so please continue discussion of the refund there.

Last edited by pdurrant; 01-25-2014 at 07:18 AM.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote