Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-25-2012, 02:22 PM   #1
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Sage
Post where are my newspapers ?

When I first bought my Touch last year in november in France, I was told by the saleswoman : "you'll soon be able to buy newspapers and magazines with your ereader". When I asked what "soon" meant, she answered it was a matter of weeks... Today, 11 months later, this service is still not available for French people at least. At the same time, it was advertise as "coming soon" on the FNAC website. Now, it just disappeared from it. So do you think it will be available or not (I know I can fetch news with calibre, but that's not what I'm talking about) and when ?
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:59 PM   #2
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
I really wish this was available in all countries that have Kobo readers. This way we would have endless postings here about not able to auto download subscriptions in timely manner or not getting my paper or magazine again.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2012, 12:46 AM   #3
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Maybe they should stop advertising a product they cannot deliver?
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:13 AM   #4
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You say a saleswoman told you that news papers will be available in a week and you believed her. That's funny. She might have thought it was true. If the news paper publisher is not ready to deliver epub subscription reliably on time to your kobo you don't want it and can not make them deliver because of saleswoman statement.

Calibre has 26 French Language items under the News Icon you can schedule for download to your computer then transfer your Kobo. This might work for you. If you want a specific news paper call the publisher to ask if a subscription is available for your Kobo as epub.

http://calibre-ebook.com/
Old 10-26-2012, 11:03 AM   #5
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for your replies I used (a lot) Calibre and know how to fetch news, but I was hoping to be able to buy a newspaper or a magazine as if I went to the newsdealer shop. What upsets me is promising a feature within weeks and 11 months later (yes, I know within 11 months, there are "weeks" ), nobody can see this feature. That's not fair !
Advert
Old 10-26-2012, 07:36 PM   #6
SeigneurAo
Connoisseur
SeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Kobo Glo
You can't hold Kobo responsible for newspapers companies not willing to take the step.
You may however blame the saleswoman.

I know that Liberation recently went into Kindle market with a specifically designed digital edition, and they confirmed ongoing work for a Kobo version.
I wouldn't hold my breath, though...
SeigneurAo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:48 PM   #7
vice-versa
whippet addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeigneurAo View Post
I wouldn't hold my breath, though...
neither will I
Old 10-26-2012, 09:19 PM   #8
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeigneurAo View Post
You can't hold Kobo responsible for newspapers companies not willing to take the step.

You can when Kobo continually add it to the feature list when promoting new devices they bring out - such as the Glo. Despite it never materialising for my Touch, they once again claim it is a feature of the Glo. People who buy the Glo will be disappointed.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:43 AM   #9
SeigneurAo
Connoisseur
SeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
You can when Kobo continually add it to the feature list when promoting new devices they bring out - such as the Glo. Despite it never materialising for my Touch, they once again claim it is a feature of the Glo. People who buy the Glo will be disappointed.
How does the saying go ?
Promises only entitles those who believe in them.
Besides, Kobo advertises this product in the same way everywhere I guess, and there are countries where this newspaper offer does exist, if I understand correctly.
Meh.
SeigneurAo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:49 AM   #10
filmo
Wizard

Kobo seems to have retail partners in each country that sells Kobo e-readers and books. If FNC is Kobo's retail partner in France I would ask them when about newspaper and magazine availability as they should be most knowledgeable. Write a nice polite letter to chief executive officer of Fnac should get you best response.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:14 AM   #11
vice-versa
whippet addict

FNAC is for sell actually. It's owner prefer to concentrate on luxury business instead...