Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-23-2012, 04:36 PM   #31
feenix1363
Lost and clueless
feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Glo, Kindle for Andriod, Kobo for Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacty View Post
ok, but reflected light and backlight is not the same? or it is i'm trying to compare two situations regarding eye strain: reading on kobo glo in totally dark room with backlight on, and doing the same on tablet? is light brightness doing the same strain on your eyes?
As I said, to me it seems better. Although it must be said that the lowest setting is really too high imho for reading in total darkness for a prolonged period of time (although I have read in total darkness for a couple of hours).

It's a shame that it can't be trimmed back a little further. Perhaps it's something that Kobo will look at in the future for a software upgrade, or perhaps a gel screen cover of some kind will be developed by someone.
feenix1363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:08 PM   #32
mopperkont
mopperkont began at the beginning.

Device: none
Please all do answer the poll about light level if we want to get the message across to Kobo.
mopperkont is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2012, 12:22 PM   #33
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mopperkont View Post
Please all do answer the poll about light level if we want to get the message across to Kobo.
Right! Exactly why I set it up...Hopefully they will correct the issue with a firmware update. The "too strong" light has been mentioned in other threads as a reason for return and going to another brand. I'm not interested in a Kindle or a Nook, so I'm waiting for the correction to occur on the Glo.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:39 PM   #34
XrXca
Avid Reader
XrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura about

Device: Auro H2O, Kobo Glo x 2, Asus Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacmart View Post
Yes, I use it pretty much 100% of the time, with the exception of sitting by a window in direct sunlight. Haven't had the pleasure of reading outside yet with our fall temperatures ...
Same here, page just looks 'whiter'.

But what fall temperatures? I've got 8 inches of snow out there (brrrr)
XrXca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:18 AM   #35
eisbaer
eisbaer began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo - Asus TF 101 (ICS)
I must be searching at the wrong spot but where is the poll about the 'too bright' issue? I'd like to support that.
eisbaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2012, 09:20 AM   #36
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by eisbaer View Post
I must be searching at the wrong spot but where is the poll about the 'too bright' issue? I'd like to support that.
It's now on the top (almost). I bumped it up with a comment since it had gone to page 2...
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:22 AM   #37
eisbaer
eisbaer began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo - Asus TF 101 (ICS)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
It's now on the top (almost). I bumped it up with a comment since it had gone to page 2...
I just did a search on your posts and found it. Voted yes
eisbaer is offline   Reply With Quote