Notices

Old 01-21-2011, 06:20 AM   #1
BranMakMorn
Enthusiast
BranMakMorn began at the beginning.

Device: none
Converting .djvu to .pdf

Hi all,

I happen to have quite a lot of .djvu files which I would like to convert to .pdf in order to read them on my kindle.

Now, the crucial thing is that I want them to remain OCRd even after the conversion, so that I can highlight the text.

And I would like them to look exactly like they looked before (that is, sometimes when you OCR texts, the program changes the font and the formatting of the original text - I hate that.).

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
BranMakMorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 06:24 AM   #2
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
I don't know if this will keep the OCR intact, but I have used PDF Creator (it's free) to convert djvu files to PDF. Just hit print and then specify PDF creator as your printer. As it's free, I figure it's worth a try.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2011, 06:44 AM   #3
BranMakMorn
Enthusiast
BranMakMorn began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
I don't know if this will keep the OCR intact, but I have used PDF Creator (it's free) to convert djvu files to PDF. Just hit print and then specify PDF creator as your printer. As it's free, I figure it's worth a try.
Thank you, but I've already tried that (only with PrimoPDF instead of PDF Creator): it does create the pdf, but it's only an image, and there's no chance to select the text...
BranMakMorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:39 AM   #4
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
Duokan reads DJVU, and it reads PDF better than Kindle. The latest edition is here:
http://flip.netzbeben.de/2010/11/duo...ish-gui-today/

You just copy the downloaded files to Kindle root, along with the proper update.bin, and you update your Kindle. The you have a dual-boot Kindle/Duokan system.
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:53 PM   #5
ab7vf
Enthusiast
ab7vf has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ab7vf has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ab7vf has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: dxg and newfound Icarus 8
re: djvu to pdf

You might want to check out 'djview4' (google is your friend) .. I've used it to convert djvu to pdf .. Highlight-able text? dono

jim
ab7vf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2011, 04:32 PM   #6
Histerius
Zealot
Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3 - Galaxy Tab 10.1
You may try this: http://sourceforge.net/projects/autokindle/
Histerius is offline   Reply With Quote