Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 12-20-2010, 12:22 PM   #1
mpd123
Zealot
mpd123 can illuminate an eclipsempd123 can illuminate an eclipsempd123 can illuminate an eclipsempd123 can illuminate an eclipsempd123 can illuminate an eclipsempd123 can illuminate an eclipsempd123 can illuminate an eclipsempd123 can illuminate an eclipsempd123 can illuminate an eclipsempd123 can illuminate an eclipsempd123 can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kobo glo / samsung note 10.1
Elonex 700eb ?

i have ordered one of these from asda for £80 i have read a few reviews and for the money it seems ok,
especially when you take in to account the video playback facility.
any way has anybody seen one in the flesh or own one.
if so what did you think.

cheers,mick.
mpd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 01:16 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I have a review unit. It's a pretty decent e-reader, but it lacks most of the bells and whistles.

It's great at video, though.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2010, 02:34 PM   #3
mpd123
Zealot
mpd123 can illuminate an eclipsempd123 can illuminate an eclipsempd123 can illuminate an eclipsempd123 can illuminate an eclipsempd123 can illuminate an eclipsempd123 can illuminate an eclipsempd123 can illuminate an eclipsempd123 can illuminate an eclipsempd123 can illuminate an eclipsempd123 can illuminate an eclipsempd123 can illuminate an eclipse

thanks for the reply i have a 650 as my primary reader and really just wanted this because of the price.
will you be posting a full review of the 700?

cheers, mick.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:09 PM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'll be posting a review, yes.
Old 01-02-2011, 02:46 PM   #5
mandyloo
mandyloo began at the beginning.

Device: elonex 700eb
hi,im just wondering whether you got your elonex 700eb,ive got the same one for christmas and am having a problem with the screen keep on going black while im reading a page,not sure whether its a fault or something ive not done right when i set it up,cannot get hold of elonex support to ask them,hoping you or somebody else can help.thanks
mandyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2011, 10:39 AM   #6
mpd123
Zealot

hi mandyloo

i have had no problems with my 700eb,however there is a firmware update which fixes a problem with the device crashing if its reading a large ebook (no idea what size).
the update is -

http://www.elonex.com/support/produc...0eb_ebook.shtm

i hope this helps

cheers,mick.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:00 AM   #7
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyloo View Post
hi,im just wondering whether you got your elonex 700eb,ive got the same one for christmas and am having a problem with the screen keep on going black while im reading a page,not sure whether its a fault or something ive not done right when i set it up,cannot get hold of elonex support to ask them,hoping you or somebody else can help.thanks
That's happening because of the power saving settings. You'll need to go to the settings menu and increase the time before the screen shuts off.