Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-21-2007, 09:05 AM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Visit the Sony Reader team at UCLA on April 28-29, 2007

Interested in meeting members of the Sony Reader product team in a relaxed environment? Next weekend, April 28-29, they will be at UCLA for the LA Times Festival of Books, which is billed as "America’s largest book festival."

According to the web site, Sony Electronics will be at booth #723.

If you come, please share your MobileRead site name, so they know who you are!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 09:50 AM   #2
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Darn... wrong coast for me...
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 10:50 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Wrong side of the wrong continent for me .

Sounds great, Bob. If you go, be sure to pass on our "wish lists" for improvements!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 11:49 AM   #4
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Unfortunately, I'm on the "wrong" coast also. I wish I could go.
But I'm still hoping we have some folks near LA that might be able to stop by.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 01:43 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I too am on the opposite coast. They need to hold things where we can actually get to them.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 01:55 PM   #6
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Perhaps our West Coasties aren't out of bed yet.

Being on the Southern Coast, I won't make this one, but (after the Bloggers' Day, and the Texas Book Festival) I'm hardly in a position to complain about being left out. Anyone who stops by, though, tell 'em NatCh says hello!
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 11:12 PM   #7
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Say, anyone know of a similar large East coast festival that Sony might go to? I hear the L.A. one is supposed to be 120~130k attendees. If there's a big East coast (or anywhere else) one they could be planning to go and we just haven't figured that out yet.
Old 04-22-2007, 03:59 PM   #8
Khisanthus
Khisanthus began at the beginning.

Device: soon...
Off hand, I haven't heard of other events...I found them last year and it made getting the ereader almost a nobrainer.
Khisanthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 08:52 AM   #9
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Well, there is the 2007 Frankfurt Book Fair of course which may be a bit "too much" East for most of you. But it's the largest book fair in the world, I've heard, and it would be cool if Sony could make an appearance there this year (October 2007). I know I'd be there

List of other exhibits:
http://www.combinedbook.com/trade_sh...edule_2007.php
http://www.loc.gov/loc/cfbook/bookfair.html

Also: Book Expo 2007 New York: http://www.bookexpoamerica.com/
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:06 AM   #10
silkpag
Enthusiast
silkpag began at the beginning.

Biggest one on the East Coast is Miami. (November 15th-ish.)

Second-biggest is Baltimore, end of September.

NY has a small press show in December, but Sony'd have to be more interested in meeting independent publishers than Reader buyers. There's BEA, but that's not free to the public...

Last edited by silkpag; 04-23-2007 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Forgot BEA
silkpag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:55 AM   #11
NatCh
Gizmologist

Cool, silkpag, do you know the names of those fairs off-hand?

@Alex: That might be just a bit farther east than I was asking about, but I still think Sony should hit it too.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:24 PM   #12
eskin
eskin began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
I'm curious if this will be the Sony folks or the Kinoma developers...
eskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 12:48 PM   #13
NatCh
Gizmologist

I expect it'll be the Marketing folks -- that's who was at the Texas Book Festival back in October, anyway ....
Old 04-23-2007, 01:07 PM   #14
Turtle Woman
Enthusiast
Turtle Woman began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
As soon as they come to Roswell, New Mexico, I'm there! Maybe they'll come to our UFO Festival. As soon as they start marketing in Europe they should think about the rest of the galaxy.
Turtle Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 01:14 PM   #15
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
Cool, silkpag, do you know the names of those fairs off-hand?

@Alex: That might be just a bit farther east than I was asking about, but I still think Sony should hit it too.
There, they could shake hands with the iRex team... I am sure they will be present the Frankfurt book fair considering how close it is to their HQs.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote