Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
That would be killer.

Ok...
zooLert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 11:36 PM   #32
nakatemp
nakatemp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
It's a nice search tool, however after you do one search and you are on the Welcome to Amazon Tracker and try to do a second search from this page, the search comes back empty.
But if you go back to the original page and enter the same info, the second search comes up with items.
Can't we do second searches after we do an initial search without going back to the main page?
nakatemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2009, 08:15 AM   #33
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooLert View Post

Ok...
Killer in a good way
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 08:20 AM   #34
zooLert
Enthusiast
zooLert is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakatemp View Post
It's a nice search tool, however after you do one search and you are on the Welcome to Amazon Tracker and try to do a second search from this page, the search comes back empty.
But if you go back to the original page and enter the same info, the second search comes up with items.
Can't we do second searches after we do an initial search without going back to the main page?
Ah-hah!

I wonder if that's where the bug / problem is!

VERY many thank yous for the lead (and to those reporting the bug too!)

... Now to stomp out some bugs!
Old 02-16-2009, 08:20 AM   #35
zooLert
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Killer in a good way
Of course!

I was just getting my pondering smiley on.
Advert
Old 02-16-2009, 08:59 AM   #36
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Now that's an interesting thought that is being tossed around for the existing tracker.

Not only track what IS available and set a price.. BUT, also add a feature to say "lemme know when this hits the digital world"... Right? That seems like it would be pretty handy.

Disclaimer : I would use that feature
i would LOVE that feature, particularly if it were available for non-kindle books (i don't have a kindle).

is there any chance that people could add their own ebookstores to the list, and search *all* of them (for the best price) ? like an aggregator, i suppose ? now THAT would be brilliant !

(and the feature to alert you when a book was FINALLY published as an ebook...)

nice tool !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:02 AM   #37
zooLert
Enthusiast

Quote:
Ah-hah!

I wonder if that's where the bug / problem is!

VERY many thank yous for the lead (and to those reporting the bug too!)

... Now to stomp out some bugs!
Ok.

Think that bug is squashed!

Next!

(thanks)
Old 02-16-2009, 10:04 AM   #38
zooLert
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i would LOVE that feature, particularly if it were available for non-kindle books (i don't have a kindle).

is there any chance that people could add their own ebookstores to the list, and search *all* of them (for the best price) ? like an aggregator, i suppose ? now THAT would be brilliant !

(and the feature to alert you when a book was FINALLY published as an ebook...)

nice tool !
First - thanks

Second... Yea. I think the lemme-know-when-its-kindleitized(or-other-reader-format) is a big one that will need to get in there. It might take a little bit, but its on the short term list for sure!

... Mmm. And something to go through lots of places... Might have to wait until version 3.08429s, but that is something in the long term list too!

Keep the chatter coming - it really helps!

Thanks.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:26 AM   #39
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
*votes for the kindleized version* That would be AWESOME!
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:44 AM   #40
zooLert
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
*votes for the kindleized version* That would be AWESOME!
.... ok

you help tell others so we can get more testing and we'll see what we can do!

(it will take a bit though - it goes against the current model a little)
Old 02-16-2009, 10:47 AM   #41
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
First - thanks

Second... Yea. I think the lemme-know-when-its-kindleitized(or-other-reader-format) is a big one that will need to get in there. It might take a little bit, but its on the short term list for sure!

... Mmm. And something to go through lots of places... Might have to wait until version 3.08429s, but that is something in the long term list too!

Keep the chatter coming - it really helps!

Thanks.
great news ! please keep us posted here on new developments and changes. this sounds like definitely something we will want to keep an eye on. good work !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:53 AM   #42
zooLert
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
great news ! please keep us posted here on new developments and changes. this sounds like definitely something we will want to keep an eye on. good work !

Thanks...

Ok. Like I mentioned - its now officially on the short list but will take some time.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:14 PM   #43
brn_eyed_girl81
Connoisseur
brn_eyed_girl81 began at the beginning.

Quote:
That's exactly what I was doing wrong last night - hence the every other time with Jodi Picoult and no results on Neil Gaiman.

And the "Kindlized" feature would be awesome. But we may need to track more than 10 at that point!

Again, this is a great tool, thanks so much for sharing it with us!
brn_eyed_girl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 09:40 PM   #44
zooLert
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by brn_eyed_girl81 View Post
That's exactly what I was doing wrong last night - hence the every other time with Jodi Picoult and no results on Neil Gaiman.

And the "Kindlized" feature would be awesome. But we may need to track more than 10 at that point!

Again, this is a great tool, thanks so much for sharing it with us!
Ah-hah!! That explains it.

And I really wouldn't consider that "wrong". I say "bug".

Ah... Another vote for the kindilized feature! Ok ... I see a trend!

Let me know if you find any other bugs or have any other ideas!
Old 02-16-2009, 10:20 PM   #45
zooLert
Enthusiast

.. and in regard to the its-not-a-kindle-product-so-no-search-result stuff..

Right now, if you put in something that doesn't have a Kindle based result - ala the infamous bold bill - we now also include a link linking over to the other tracker so that you can check all of Amazon.

As of this writing, youll have to actually hit the search button again, but in the next version it will automatically repost that again to the other tracker.

Tags
amazon, book, kindle, price drop, price tracker