Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-02-2011, 06:13 PM   #1
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
question from a newbie

I turned on my new nook today and in my library list Then Came You by Jennifer Weiner and Dracula were listed. On Then Came You there is a download banner. Now, I don't have a credit card number entered, so I guess it can't charge me, but WHY is this on my list? And how do I get it OFF my list? And will random books keep appearing?
Thanks!
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 06:32 PM   #2
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
I turned on my new nook today and in my library list Then Came You by Jennifer Weiner and Dracula were listed. On Then Came You there is a download banner. Now, I don't have a credit card number entered, so I guess it can't charge me, but WHY is this on my list? And how do I get it OFF my list? And will random books keep appearing?
Thanks!
S
Barnes and Noble will randomly put samples into your library and I've found no way to remove them from the device itself. Instead, if you remove them from your library at bn.com the Nook will eventually sync (if you have wifi on) and the books will go away.

I dislike this, especially when they put books in my library that I can't use (stuff that's Color/Tablet-only), but I've found no way of stopping them. So instead I leave wifi off and periodically check my online library to clear out whatever samples they're pushing.
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2011, 06:40 PM   #3
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Thank you!! I think I will be leaving my wifi off too! That should be an option, to opt out of samples.....
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:53 PM   #4
tecweston
Comic book artist
tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight, iPad, iPhone
I dunno about "Then Came You" but Dracula is one of the free B&N editions that come with the Nook. I believe mine also came with Tom Sawyer, Pride & Prejudice, and Little Women (they may be initially in the archive though).
tecweston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 12:21 AM   #5
Red Alert
Zealot
Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor & Nook Tablet. Sony PRS-505 loaned to brother.
This might be new to eReaders, but it certainly isn't a new practice. How about those VHS tapes and DVDs we buy, all with previews of other movies on them? I guess we just have to accept them, much like billboards along side the road. They just mess up the scenery.
Red Alert is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2011, 01:10 AM   #6
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Alert View Post
This might be new to eReaders, but it certainly isn't a new practice. How about those VHS tapes and DVDs we buy, all with previews of other movies on them? I guess we just have to accept them, much like billboards along side the road. They just mess up the scenery.
This
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote