Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 10-31-2010, 06:00 PM   #1
NathanLong
Kindle Enthusiast
NathanLong began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Exclamation Hello Kindle and Safari Books Online users!

Hello all

I just got a Kindle 3 for my birthday and I absolutely love it! The only thing that could make it better is Safari Books Online support. The official site's just not the best to use on the Kindle.

So I decided to create a better one as a mobilizer service, which:
  • Automatically loads pages to simulate the Kindle experience, so I don't have to use the 5-way to hunt around for the Next Page button.
  • Has keyboard shortcuts for adding notes, bookmarks etc.
  • Enables the numeric shortcuts that Safari Books provides. This feature alone would be so useful.

Where I'm at now, is I've got something that's starting to become quite useful: it does what I said above, but isn't quite a finished product yet.

So I've joined MobileRead in the hope of meeting people who are:
  1. Kindle users
  2. Safari Books Online subscribers

At the moment, I'm only looking for a handful of people who would be enthusiastic in trying it out and giving me feedback.

In return, I believe you'll see the beginnings of a great way to use Safari Books and it'll beat the socks off the current interface, if you already use Safari Books on your Kindle.

If you'd like to help me out, please reply to this post!

Best
Nathan
NathanLong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 06:34 PM   #2
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
welcome I don't use safari, but I hope your mobilzer works out for others!
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2010, 06:59 PM   #3
Sandra Edwards
Queen of Procrastination
Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: K2, K3, Fire
Welcome to MR! Not a Safari person here either. Sorry :-)

Sandy
Sandra Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 05:24 AM   #4
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to mobileread ....

best of luck
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:15 AM   #5
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Nathan. Maybe an idea to also post your question in the Kindle-specific forums here. Good luck and best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2010, 12:11 PM   #6
CaraM
Guru
CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Hi, Nathan, and welcome. I live my Kindle 3 too.
CaraM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 04:30 PM   #7
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Hello and welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:45 AM   #8
Maggie May
Grand Sorcerer
Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: CYbook Gen3 and Sony PRS 3505 Kindle 3 G Nexus 7 iPad
Hi and welcome to MobileRead.

Mag.
Maggie May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 05:01 AM   #9
BSalita
Software Developer
BSalita began at the beginning.

Device: K2, K3
You're the man. I'm very interested in an improved SafariBooksOnline experience. I have a K3 WiFi, subscribed to SBO and motivated. As you know from my thread, I'm disappointed in the SBO reading experience. The new iPad SBO experience is great though. Have you looked at the screenshots?
BSalita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 02:01 PM   #10
NathanLong
Kindle Enthusiast

Safari on iPad and Kindle

Just took a look now that you mentioned it and the screenshots do admittedly look fantastic. Pity I don't have one but I just can't quite justify the purchase Here's hoping that they'll make their browser site match what they've done for the iPad.

Thanks for volunteering, I'll send you a private message with the details!

Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSalita View Post
You're the man. I'm very interested in an improved SafariBooksOnline experience. I have a K3 WiFi, subscribed to SBO and motivated. As you know from my thread, I'm disappointed in the SBO reading experience. The new iPad SBO experience is great though. Have you looked at the screenshots?
Old 11-04-2010, 02:04 PM   #11
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, NathanLong
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:53 PM   #12
skroah
skroah began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Another kindle 3 and sbo user. Let me know if you still need help.

Thanks.
skroah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 01:47 AM   #13
NathanLong
Kindle Enthusiast

Kindle and Safari Books

Yes indeed! I'll send you a private message with the details.

Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by skroah View Post
Another kindle 3 and sbo user. Let me know if you still need help.

Thanks.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:20 PM   #14
pbroot
pbroot began at the beginning.

I too am a kindle 3/SBO user. I'd love to see this experience improved! Are you still working on this?

Thanks,

Andrew
pbroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 10:20 PM   #15
Williamlk
Guru
Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Welcome to MR!
Williamlk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle, safari, safari books