Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-05-2010, 11:29 AM   #1
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
Anyone for Courier news?

Just an Engadget link, but might be interesting to some:
http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/05/m...ctures-and-de/

Pretty scrawny little guy. Cute though...might still be in my sights.
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 12:05 PM   #2
Shadowplay
Groupie
Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I can't explain why exactly this intrigues me, but it does. I've wanted one since I first heard about it as a concept ages ago.

Of course we don't really know much about it's capabilities yet so who knows what it'll actually be able to do.
Shadowplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2010, 12:22 PM   #3
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

If the new screen size is accurate, I am a little concerned that their renders showing text are idealistic at best. They would need to be some amazing screens and touchscreens to get any kind of viewable text small enough to input and view fine notes other than something like:

TO DO:
CALL BOB
BUY FOOD
1600MEET
HANGSELF

and then a big arrow to the next notes page.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:40 PM   #4
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
ha i just found it myself. I'm surprised at the size reduction. im sure its a matter of cost but also weight. Its hard to keep something under a pound when it has 2 10" sheets of class.

each display appears to be just slightly smaller than the display of the Irex DR800, so they aren't really that small.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:00 PM   #5
LDBoblo
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
ha i just found it myself. I'm surprised at the size reduction. im sure its a matter of cost but also weight. Its hard to keep something under a pound when it has 2 10" sheets of class.

each display appears to be just slightly smaller than the display of the Irex DR800, so they aren't really that small.
True enough. If they are right that it's just a little bigger than a 5x7, then it stands to reason that the screen could roughly be 8 inches at a 3:4 aspect ratio (4.8"x6.4" plus bezel).

If they could squeeze 1024x768 into it, it could be a nice reader, especially since they know how to do readable text rendering well.

My handwriting post was a bit exaggerated, but still...I'm not too certain about how much one will really be able to put on a screen.
Advert
Old 03-05-2010, 01:12 PM   #6
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
It does look interesting, I'd have to wait and see more of its capabilities though. But if it is more functional than the iPad I might consider it. Although probably not as a reader.
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:23 PM   #7
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
I'm no fan of cloud computing, and "... a corresponding web site that allows access to everything entered into the device ..." sounds a bit ominous. However, that being said, this little bugger looks like EXACTLY what I’ve been looking for.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 06:53 PM   #8
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Need a lot more information, but I really love the concept designs (kind of a collage thing going on with the interface). This and the Windows Mobile 7 offering look 'sexier' design wise than what Apple have produced lately, and I never thought Microsoft would design anything even remotely 'sexy'.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 10:36 PM   #9
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Are both the screens lcd?

Quote:
this little bugger looks like EXACTLY what I’ve been looking for.
Yes, me too, depending on the reader capability. I love the Edge idea, but the Edge itself is too large and heavy for what I want. I'd like a dual-screen clamshell with at least one good reading screen, and I'd like it to fold back like the Edge does.

This little baby looks really interesting, and if Asus is still going ahead with their smaller dual-screen project I'd REALLY be interested. Has anyone heard if that's still being developed? All I've seen mentioned lately is the 9 inch tablet-type.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote