Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-26-2009, 03:41 AM   #1
gps315
gps315 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600, poss Nook one day
How to stop Sony eReader software staring

Hi all,

I have a PRS-600 love it to bits, apart from one thing. I use the Calibre software for syncing up as it will do daily news papers. A vast improvement on the Sony supplied stuff.

My problem is I don't want to un-install the Sony software but i also don't want it to automatically start up every time I connect the eReader.

It doesn't appear to be in the Auto Run settings of Vista so I'm a bit stumped, can anyone point me in the right direction?

I want to plug the thing in and manually start up the software i want to use.

Thanks
gps315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 03:57 AM   #2
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
Hi there,

I don't think there is a really easy way but this other thread may prove useful: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59703

welcome to mobileread
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2009, 04:39 AM   #3
gps315
gps315 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600, poss Nook one day
Thumbs up Thanks

A great thread......

In summary I used msconfig to disable the "helper" program. I dont like it when these software companies add "helper" programs without specific permission.

Again, thanks for your quick reply

Martin
gps315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 06:09 AM   #4
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
Glad you got it sorted. I keep meaning to do this so may have a go myself.
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
prs-600, software