Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-10-2009, 06:14 AM   #46
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
Well, it is..and a town in Germany, too. I'm referring to the books by Jim Butcher called The Dresden Files. Number 11, Turn Coat, just came out and I just finished it and it's...well, amazing. If you haven't read them, I highly recommend them!
I planning to when he finishes the series....if ever ...
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 01:03 PM   #47
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
I haven't read any of the books, but I liked the series! I need to search them out!
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2009, 02:14 PM   #48
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
Well, it is..and a town in Germany, too. I'm referring to the books by Jim Butcher called The Dresden Files. Number 11, Turn Coat, just came out and I just finished it and it's...well, amazing. If you haven't read them, I highly recommend them!
Thank you -- that's what I wanted to know. I just requested a sample of the first book. Will check it out!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 05:09 PM   #49
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

w00t!!! We're getting off an hour early!
Old 04-20-2009, 01:49 PM   #50
krisk
Wizard

hey you guys! you've been venting and ranitng a lot, there are still SOME good things!

I quite accidentally/inadvertently got a private office WITH a window and a door that locks! w00t!

I found out yesterday that the tiny little hole in the wall town that is closest to where I moved to here in Cali has a Chinese restaraunt owned by one of the former top chefs in San Francisco! the last sunday of every month he puts on a "wine club" dinner. for $40 he serves a full on 5 course meal complete with the appropriate wine for every course! this month the entrees are;

seared ahi tuna with white bean and sausage ragout
rack of lamb (and I can't remember what goes with it)
mini beef wellington with pear salad in a basalmic reduction

I made my reservations last night! who'da thunk it!? out in podunkville!
Advert
Old 04-20-2009, 02:11 PM   #51
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I've been wondering how your new life is going, but apparently, it's delicious. ENJOY!!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 03:07 PM   #52
krisk
Wizard

a few bumps and stumbles but that is to be expected.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:35 PM   #53
krisk
Wizard

I think I may have found a place!!!!!!!:dea l:
Old 04-28-2009, 04:11 PM   #54
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Awright!! Tell us about it (and perhaps that "last straw") when you feel like it and get the chance. We love to share woes & happies!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:12 PM   #55
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
wow, that was fast ! congratulations ! let's toast to no more drama !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:18 PM   #56
krisk
Wizard

lets hope! it's a lady high school principal and her teenaged daughter. very reasonable rent in what is, according to my co-workers, a very tony part of the county! on 2.5 acres.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:24 PM   #57
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

sounds nice ! when do you move ?
Old 04-28-2009, 04:26 PM   #58
krisk
Wizard

maybe tomorrow?
Old 04-28-2009, 04:26 PM   #59
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
maybe tomorrow?
oh ! so soon ? are you giving up on your deposit, or did the landlord see reason ?
Old 04-28-2009, 04:51 PM   #60
krisk
Wizard

I haven't spoken with him yet. I just looked at my bank account and he has not cashed one of the checks so I put a stop payment on it. cash only (well checks and cash) that he has in posession takes him through this day! (coinkydink?) of course there is an unanswered $1100 of food and house supplies... *sigh*. I will take as much food with me as possible. I meet the lady at this other place tonight, and if all goes well.... well I have nothing holding me back! my furniture consists of an air mattress, TV and a stool! then it is my rifles, clothes and jewlery... and the critters of course! but for the airmattress, stool and food, I don't have any more than I came with, so 2 van loads would do it! might have to take part of tomorrow off, but it would be totally worth it!