Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-15-2015, 06:35 AM   #1
ZeroClad
ZeroClad began at the beginning.

Device: KPW2
Garbled code in 5.6.1.0.4 jailbreak(serial port)

Hello everyone, i just began to jailbreak my KPW2 (Japanese version, fw5.6.1.0.4) with serial port. But all codes garbled when i restarted the device, and all input didn't work when "Hit any key to stop autoboot" shown up.
I've tried following setting in XShell 5:
115200 bps, 8 data bits, 1 stop bits, no parity, no flow control
115000 bps, 8 data bits, 1 stop bits, no parity, no flow control
115000 bps, 8 data bits, 2 stop bits, no parity, no flow control
But all of them failed.
Terminal encoding is Unicode(UTF-8).
What should i do?

Thanks.
ZeroClad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 08:46 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroClad View Post
Hello everyone, i just began to jailbreak my KPW2 (Japanese version, fw5.6.1.0.4) with serial port. But all codes garbled when i restarted the device, and all input didn't work when "Hit any key to stop autoboot" shown up.
I've tried following setting in XShell 5:
115200 bps, 8 data bits, 1 stop bits, no parity, no flow control
115000 bps, 8 data bits, 1 stop bits, no parity, no flow control
115000 bps, 8 data bits, 2 stop bits, no parity, no flow control
But all of them failed.
Terminal encoding is Unicode(UTF-8).
What should i do?

Thanks.
Are you using a 1.8 volt serial interface?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2015, 10:59 AM   #3
ZeroClad

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Are you using a 1.8 volt serial interface?
i noticed that maybe i just didn't connect the line properly, and now it's done.
Thank you very much whatever.

On the other hand, i noticed that the root password in diags has changed. "mario" and other two "fionaxxx" that calculated by serial number didn't work(I calculated "fiona316" and "fiona316b", but both of them are wrong). Finally, i worked out "fionaacc" by John the Ripper and it's worked. Is that means that Amazon changed the way to generate root password in FW5.6.1.0.4?
Old 02-15-2015, 11:34 AM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@ZeroClad: Which method did you use to generate the wrong root passwords?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 09:21 PM   #5
ZeroClad

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@ZeroClad: Which method did you use to generate the wrong root passwords?
i used https://www.sven.de/kindle/?#.
BTW, i used it to generate a KT2(FW5.6.1.0.2) password and it was correct.

Last edited by ZeroClad; 02-15-2015 at 09:23 PM.
Advert
Old 02-15-2015, 09:38 PM   #6
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yup, it's not up to date, and doesn't handle Wario devices right.

KindleTool should handle those properly.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 05:11 PM   #7
megaelk
megaelk began at the beginning.

Device: KT2
EDIT: Fixed, was not in diag mode.

Anyway, wanted to post here.. maybe a localization issue with the JP version? I just cracked open a PW2 with FW 5.6.1.0.6 and was able to login as root via diag mode using the pass generated by KindleTool v1.6.3.3-g1a76d9d, although it was the 2nd password that worked (listed as "recovery PW" in the tool).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroClad View Post
i noticed that maybe i just didn't connect the line properly, and now it's done.
Thank you very much whatever.

On the other hand, i noticed that the root password in diags has changed. "mario" and other two "fionaxxx" that calculated by serial number didn't work(I calculated "fiona316" and "fiona316b", but both of them are wrong). Finally, i worked out "fionaacc" by John the Ripper and it's worked. Is that means that Amazon changed the way to generate root password in FW5.6.1.0.4?

Last edited by megaelk; 03-08-2015 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Wrong mode. noob mistake.
megaelk is offline   Reply With Quote