Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 02:32 AM   #1156
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
The new version (1.4.5) is available now - Custom and smart collections, queued OPDS downloads, full-book search, bulk editing in library, Facebook and Twitter sharing, etc...

Full change list here: http://marvinapp.com/whatsnew.html
Old 04-12-2013, 03:12 AM   #1157
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
Yeah!

Can't wait to try out the new features!
Advert
Old 04-12-2013, 03:13 AM   #1158
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I hope you like them. Let me know what you think
Old 04-12-2013, 05:09 AM   #1159
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Great news Kris! Having issues with the update server on my end at the moment, but will definitely check out the new collections feature.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:12 AM   #1160
kguil
Addict

Thanks Jessica. Let me know how you like it.
Advert
Old 04-12-2013, 08:58 AM   #1161
institute
Enthusiast
institute is on a distinguished road

Device: ipad
Bug report, Marvin 1.4.5: marvin crashes when you delete a collection from the drop down collection menu. It is repeatable. When you open up Marvin again, the collection you tried to delete is indeed gone.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:00 AM   #1162
kguil
Addict

You mean the side menu that appears when tapping the book icon, top-right in the library?
Old 04-12-2013, 09:28 AM   #1163
institute
Enthusiast

Yes. That's the one. You can select edit there (the pencil) and the trashcan appears. Tap on a trashcan to delete a collection and the app crashes.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:30 AM   #1164
kguil
Addict

I can't seem to reproduce this (can anyone else?). Would you email me at support@marvinapp.com so that I guide you through sending me a crash log?
Old 04-12-2013, 09:41 AM   #1165
institute
Enthusiast

Will do.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:49 PM   #1166
wwat
Enthusiast
wwat began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo, iPad, iPod
Quote:
Originally Posted by kguil View Post
I can't seem to reproduce this (can anyone else?). Would you email me at support@marvinapp.com so that I guide you through sending me a crash log?

Just want to compliment you on the latest version, it's stunning with the new collections and searching functionality.

I can reproduce the delete collections issue. Marvin disappears when the collection is deleted, its still in memory and can be accessed from the bottom running applications section in the iPad. The collection did have a book in it.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:11 PM   #1167
djrm
Enthusiast
djrm began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini 4, iPhone 6s
Quote:
Originally Posted by kguil View Post
The new version (1.4.5) is available now - Custom and smart collections, queued OPDS downloads, full-book search, bulk editing in library, Facebook and Twitter sharing, etc...

Full change list here: http://marvinapp.com/whatsnew.html
Wow! The new features look awesome. Can't wait to try it out when I get home.

Kudos!
DJRM
Old 04-12-2013, 01:45 PM   #1168
institute
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwat View Post
I can reproduce the delete collections issue. Marvin disappears when the collection is deleted, its still in memory and can be accessed from the bottom running applications section in the iPad. The collection did have a book in it.
Yes, there were books in the collections in my case as well.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:07 PM   #1169
kguil
Addict

Some readers are experiencing a crash when deleting custom collections. Problem already fixed and shipping to Apple ASAP. Sorry about that.
Old 04-13-2013, 06:30 AM   #1170
andy88
Enthusiast
andy88 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Mini
Feature Suggestion for Marvin

Hi Kris,

Marvin is my favourite app on my iPad Mini. Kudos to you for having developed a truly wonderful ebook reader.

One feature suggestion that I would like to put forward is that; it'll be nice to have a download progress bar while downloading ebooks from Dropbox on Marvin.

It'll also give a user the 'real time' to wait for the ebook to be downloaded from Dropbox to Marvin.

Regards,
Andy
Closed Thread