Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-21-2012, 04:02 PM   #226
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franky90 View Post
oi perchè nel menu dove scegli i fumetti da leggere non fai che le cartelle sono sotto categorie? mi spiego cartella ''one piece'' clicco sul ''+'' escono i volumi e poi i capitoli non sarebbe tutto più bello ed ordinato? (però il sistema di scorrimento delle immagini da volume a volume dovrebbe rimanere lo stesso)
Posso provare a fare qualcosa, ma sarà complesso. Magari trovo un workaround, vediamo un po'....
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:16 AM   #227
tanistass
tanistass began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
I have followed all the steps in order to enjoy my comic collection on the Kindle Touch but it seems is not working.

I have already jailbroken my device, as well as instaled Jailkindlet, JPatch, the Launcher as well as the 2.0 version of Komik.

The application seems to work as it opens normally (attachment 1), but then after loading the comic's folder it doesn't load any image (attachment 2). Instead of that it appears a question mark sign in the middle of the screen (sorry for the bad quality of my picture) and appears a small number in the left corner of kindle.

Could someone please tell my which can be the problem or the error I has been comitting? I don't know if it's related to Java or to some aspect of the launcher. Thanks a lot guys for all your hard work and attention . I cannot wait to enjoy reading my graphic nouveles in my recently tunned Kindle
Thank you very much Franky90 and Silver 18. The rename feature solves the error.

Just two more questions please :P.
1)Is there any way to keep the landscape mode with touchable zoom for all the images of the comic? It is a bit tiring to be selecting it everytime you change a page.

2) Could you better explain me how to activate the cover view mode in the home page of Komik? I'm a little dumb going trough all the app options :/

Thanks again guys, you rock

Last edited by tanistass; 10-22-2012 at 06:24 AM.
tanistass is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2012, 06:19 AM   #228
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Could you please explain the request a little bit more? Thanks!
Old 10-22-2012, 06:01 PM   #229
silver18
THE NOOB

In the meanwhile, I managed to detect the "comic volumes"...
If you have a folder tree like this:

Komic can understand that Volume01--->Volume04 are subfolders.

This can then be used to alter the dropdown menu adding the name of the comic:

You can see the result above...I could even remove the "Torpedo/" string before Volume0*.
The problem is:
- I can disable those new entries (they should not be clickable)
- I can't alter the font weight OR font size OR font style OR background color OR text color
- I can't add a background image

I really can't do anything I thought about so I added those ASCII chars...
BUT remember that any newly added char removes space for the comic name...

I'm open to advice!!
Old 10-22-2012, 06:12 PM   #230
silver18
THE NOOB

This is without the parent folder...
I like it, but it would have been better if I could have done what I was thinking...
Bold and italic for the parent folder and a background image with a nice arrow for subfolders!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-10-23T00_07_49-0200.gif
Views:	250
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	94697  
Advert
Old 10-22-2012, 07:25 PM   #231
Franky90
Franky90 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.1.2
ma tipo non si potrebbe fare che clicchi su ''torpedo'' e vai ad un'altra schermata con i volumi? proprio come se fosse una cartella di un computer (forse l'hai gia detto ma con google traduttore ha tradotto male non so XD)
Franky90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:33 PM   #232
Franky90

spe forse non ho capito ma se clicchi su torpedo escono le cartelle? oppure è cosi appena entri nel menu?
Old 10-22-2012, 07:55 PM   #233
silver18
THE NOOB

E' così appena entri nel menu.
Purtroppo non posso controllare granchè quel maledetto menu.
La soluzione migliore sarebbe monstrare in quel menu soltanto i volumi singoli e i nomi dei fumetti che hanno delle sottocartelle, così da cliccare su uno di questi e, nel caso ci siano delle sottocartelle, aprire un altro menu per sceglierne una.

Ma non posso aprire un menu cliccando su un altro menu.
Posso creare una pagina apposta in cui vengono caricate le sottocartelle, ma non so quando venga bene come soluzione.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:21 PM   #234
Franky90

a ok decidi tu cosa fare comunque volevo farti una domanda posso andare su internet con il kindle jailbrekkato e ''komic-zato''? e se ci vado rischio qualcosa?
Old 10-23-2012, 06:20 AM   #235
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
I'm open to advice!!
you can use a submenu for each collection (ie. parent folder)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fodermenu.gif
Views:	221
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	94720   Click image for larger version

Name:	sub menu-ver1.gif
Views:	212
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	94721   Click image for larger version

Name:	submenu-ver2.gif
Views:	219
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	94722  

Last edited by thomass; 10-23-2012 at 06:23 AM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:33 PM   #236
silver18
THE NOOB

Do you know how to do it or are you suggesting?
I ask this because of the screenshots...if you know how to do it please tell me!

Anyway I managed to make something similar: the dropdown menu shows only single-shot comics and parent folders (with a + in front of the name).
When you choose a parent folder, the menu will un-hide the corresponding subfolders (and the parent folder will get a - in front of the name).
Then, when you choose an already open parent folder, it will be closed (subfolders hidden and + in front of the name).
This is exactly what I wanted except for one thing: when you choose the parent folder the menu is closed and you have to open it again!
I can't do anything about this!

PS the best way would be understanding how kindle's menu are created and replicate it populating it with parent folders and single-shot comics....
BUT, personally, I don't know how to do it!
Old 10-24-2012, 03:23 AM   #237
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
Do you know how to do it or are you suggesting?
I was just suggesting
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:30 AM   #238
Franky90

il bello è che non ti dice come fare XDDD
Old 10-24-2012, 10:04 AM   #239
silver18
THE NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
I was just suggesting
I whish you had the solution!!
Everything works now, the only drawback is the need of double tapping on the dropdown menu!

I tried some times ago to programmatically open a dropdown menu with JS, but no luck!
Old 10-24-2012, 10:14 AM   #240
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franky90 View Post
il bello è che non ti dice come fare XDDD
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
launcher add-ons