Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-27-2011, 06:54 PM   #1
muttley_wr
muttley_wr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 keyboard
.mobi with chapter marks: few chapters skipped when pressing directional key once

I am creating my own .mobi files with chapter marks using kindlegen (starting from .html, .ncx and .opf file) for my Kindle 3 with keyboard.

When I want to navigate from one chapter to another by pressing directional keys (left/right), sometimes I find that 1, 2 or more chapters are simply skipped, just as I press the key for a longer time.

Because of this problem, I start each chapter with a number ([1], [2] etc), so that I know when I am jumping over one or more section(s) and I go back to read them. I am sure that I press the keys for a very short time and very precisely, so it is out of question to think that keeping a key pressed longer may be the cause of this.

Could you please tell me how can I overcome this problem? If it helps, I can provide a sample (source .html, .ncx and .opf file and also a compiled .mobi file).

Thanks for your time.
muttley_wr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:10 PM   #2
thebestjeter
Addict
thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi and Kindle DX Graphite
I'm sure it's a problem with your mobi file. It's not the Kindle. Make sure that those chapters are marked in the progress bar, can you see the corresponding dots there?
thebestjeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2011, 07:19 PM   #3
muttley_wr
muttley_wr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebestjeter View Post
It's not the Kindle.
In Kindle Previewer it works perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebestjeter View Post
can you see the corresponding dots there?
Sure.
muttley_wr is offline   Reply With Quote