Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-25-2013, 04:10 PM   #1
Futfanatico
Futfanatico began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Nook Color, Kindle e-Ink, Kindle Fire
Unhappy DOC to EPUB Prob: Duplicate ID Anchor

Hey everybody,

I have a book that I'm trying to get into iBooks via Smashwords. I converted it from .DOC to .EPUB with Calibre and SW's ePub Verification check found a single error:

"could not parse index_split_003.xhtml: duplicate id: anchor3"

I taught myself the nuts and bolts of XHTML and CSS at my own WP website, but have no clue what that line of text means. I suspect that in my TOC a duplicate is popping up, but am not sure.

Please help!
Futfanatico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:03 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futfanatico View Post
Hey everybody,

I have a book that I'm trying to get into iBooks via Smashwords. I converted it from .DOC to .EPUB with Calibre and SW's ePub Verification check found a single error:

"could not parse index_split_003.xhtml: duplicate id: anchor3"

I taught myself the nuts and bolts of XHTML and CSS at my own WP website, but have no clue what that line of text means. I suspect that in my TOC a duplicate is popping up, but am not sure.

Please help!
look in the named file for 2 or more id="anchor3" get rid of all but one (keep the best one )
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2013, 10:16 AM   #3
Futfanatico
Futfanatico began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Nook Color, Kindle e-Ink, Kindle Fire
The Ducks-

thanks for the quick reply. I'm very new to ePub stuff, but I'm guessing I look at the Calibre Zipfolder, open an index with Notepad, and can find the anchor ids there?

Or is there a way to resolve this within Calibre during the conversion stage?

If this doesn't work, I'll probably try to edit the DOC file and look for any IDs. This link was pretty helpful

http://ryanfait.com/articles/the-dif...s-and-classes/
Futfanatico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:14 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futfanatico View Post
The Ducks-

thanks for the quick reply. I'm very new to ePub stuff, but I'm guessing I look at the Calibre Zipfolder, open an index with Notepad, and can find the anchor ids there?

Or is there a way to resolve this within Calibre during the conversion stage?

If this doesn't work, I'll probably try to edit the DOC file and look for any IDs. This link was pretty helpful

http://ryanfait.com/articles/the-dif...s-and-classes/
I use Sigil (the built in, Fightcrew usually will take you TO or close to the error), but you can use Tweak (T) that is built into calibre, and your favorite text editor to correct the line, the click rebuild
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversion, epub, ibooks, verification