Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 05-25-2015, 09:53 PM   #22306
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyC View Post
The Stand by Steven King. My fav of all his books.
Already read it. Fairly recently too. But, it would have fit the bill if I hadn't.
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 11:03 PM   #22307
Dngrsone
Consider me unimpressed
Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Tab 4 7.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
OK.. I need something to read. My recent reads, while OK haven't been page turners.

I'm looking for a real page turner... something really good.

It could be sf, fantasy, mystery, thriller, or even something else.

You can look at the books I've read and my ratings here. https://www.librarything.com/catalog/PilotBob

I just finished Soldiers! part one, and was underwhelmed, so won't be reading party two.
K.B. Spangler's Rachel Peng books are pretty good, quick reads.

Stephen Ruin Cobb's Bones Burnt Black is a hard sci-fi novel with a murder mystery plot.

Kelly Thompson's The Girl Who Would Be King is a good one, as well... Slightly different take on the superhero genre.
Dngrsone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:07 AM   #22308
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
That's easy. John Ringo's March Upcountry. First of a four part series. Currently available as Empire of Man, which includes books one and two. This is MilSF, but in a good way. And I see you haven't read it. I guarantee a page turner..
Sounds good. Bought. I'll give it a try.
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:46 AM   #22309
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro, N7
Just finished "The Lark and the Wren" by Mercedes Lackey, which I bought from Baen in August 2001. A lightweight but enjoyable fantasy about a peasant girl's attempts to fulfil her dream of becoming a bard. Like all (that I've read, at least) of Lackey's work, it involves no great mental effort to read, but it's a pleasant enough way to fill a few hours. Recommended.
HarryT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:48 AM   #22310
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro, N7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Sounds good. Bought. I'll give it a try.
A very good series indeed. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
HarryT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:33 AM   #22311
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NOOK ST GlowLight
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Next up: One from the 1921-1930 shortlist: A Passage to India by E M Forster. I picked up a free copy via Copia back in 2011, which was fortunate.
Well, 15% in and I'm giving up. Not as 'bad' as the Henry James, but just not for me.

Next up: Analog SF/F for July/August 2015.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote