Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 03-26-2008, 10:25 AM   #1
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Travelling with the Cybook

I travelled for the first time with my Cybook over Eastern. On the train it was no problem using it. But on the plane I had to hold it in my hand all the time because it did not fit good in the pocket on the seat and I was afraid it would break if I put my knee on it by mistake if I put it there. When having food I had to put the food package on the Cybook.

Also we had to spend over one hour in the aircraft at Heathrow going home before taking off with seat belt lamp on most of the time and I had to ignore the rule to turn off all electronics to be able top read. Also when we landed the book was so good that I ignored it then also...

I was at a science fiction convention. I did not see any more Cybooks but I saw at least 2-3 Iliads (and a lot of Asus EEE). A friend from Norway had bough an Iliad so I looked at it a bit and it felt very big compared to the Cybook and much heavier. And the lines on the screen seemed to be to long... When I showed the Cybook to my friend he was impressed with the small size and later during the weekend I heard he had orders a Sony on eBay.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 03:53 PM   #2
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
I use my CyBook on the plain quite a bit. And i had no problem in putting it into the front pocket with its cover on.

I have to admit though, i ignored the electronics rule aswell. It is just sooo much fun to read.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2008, 05:09 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble View Post
I use my CyBook on the plain quite a bit. And i had no problem in putting it into the front pocket with its cover on.

I have to admit though, i ignored the electronics rule aswell. It is just sooo much fun to read.
If you read on the plain do you also read in the mountains where it is not so level.

sorry, I couldn't resist when the funny bone strikes. You probably meant plane.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 05:58 PM   #4
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

I do not like to read in the mountains. I like plains But i guess i made a plain error in righting plain and meaning plane. (All errors in that sentence are intentional. )
Old 03-26-2008, 06:03 PM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
I do not like to read in the mountains. I like plains But i guess i made a plain error in righting plain and meaning plane. (All errors in that sentence are intentional. )
Yes, because an upside down plain just wouldn't be write.

Bob
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2008, 06:30 PM   #6
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
If you read on the plain do you also read in the mountains where it is not so level.
And watch out for your Cybook on the plain -- I hear the rain falls mainly there.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 06:40 PM   #7
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
@ DaleDe, Tribble, Pilotbob, bwaldron : aaarg...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 10:00 PM   #8
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The seats on BA airplanes going between Stockholm and London was not so suitable (they were kind of full with only the standard inflight magazines in them). And I am tall so if the person in the seat in front of me adjust the seat back my knees will hit the seat pocket...

I think it will work better with larger aircrafts like the ones used for transatlantic trips.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:56 AM   #9
ottocrat
Bookish
ottocrat doesn't litterottocrat doesn't litter

Device: Psion 5, Palm Tungsten T2, Nokia N73, Cybook Gen3
I've only had my Cybook for two or three weeks now but I travel with it all the time. I'm currently using the Eurostar a lot (twice a week) though I haven't taken any flights since getting my Cybook (will be flying next week). One of the reasons I bought the Cybook was for travelling - lightweight, portable, no need to lug tons of books around. It's slightly too big for my pockets but fits neatly into bag pockets and seat pockets. I usually have it in my hand as I board, if not then I just pull it out of my hand luggage as I take my seat. If I'm not actually reading it during the journey I just stow it in the seat pocket in front of me.

I'm not sure I understand the OP's problem? Did it really not fit in the seat pocket? I'm a pretty frequent traveller and have been for years and I can't remember ever having been on a flight where you couldn't stow a paperback in the pocket in front of you. Is it the Cybook's fragility that worries you?
ottocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 09:38 AM   #10
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocrat View Post
I'm not sure I understand the OP's problem? Did it really not fit in the seat pocket? I'm a pretty frequent traveller and have been for years and I can't remember ever having been on a flight where you couldn't stow a paperback in the pocket in front of you. Is it the Cybook's fragility that worries you?
The pocket had two parts. One part where it fit OK and where a paperback fit does not have a bottom so it will fall out but a paperback will probably stick. The part where the inflight magazies are placed is kind of narrow and hard to put the Cybook in it especially without removing all the magazines and it worried me that putting it there. Also I did not want to risk hitting the Cybook with my knees when the person in front of me put the seat back.
Old 03-28-2008, 10:33 AM   #11
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
I always throw the stuff in the pocket up in the overhead bin, except for the safety card. But yeah, I'd worry about the seat being slammed into my knees, too, with any e-book reader.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 01:08 AM   #12
Kingston
Addict
Kingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle, Iliad v2 & v1,Gen 3 from NAEB, Sony PRS-505, Jetbook
Post De Plain! De Plain!

De Plane! De Plane!

Now where can I put my Cybook, Boss?

Last edited by Kingston; 03-29-2008 at 01:35 AM.
Kingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 03:50 AM   #13
tribble
iLiad Maniac

I think know i am planely confused.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:27 AM   #14
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
I think know i am planely confused.
Simply keep in mind that the planes in Spain rust mainly from the rain and you'll be okay.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 11:29 AM   #15
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
...and the books must come from Baen...
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote