Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-06-2009, 09:38 AM   #1
pippin65
Enthusiast
pippin65 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
assuming 2.0 is coming soon...

if I just bought/waitlisted a Kindle today at amazon (feb 6) and the 2.0 is announced on the 9th, will I get the 2.0 or the orig? just curious as to others thoughts. my aim is to be amongst the first 2.0 adopters.thx
pippin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:43 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You'll just have to wait and see. Our psychic powers are probably no better than yours .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2009, 09:46 AM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by pippin65 View Post
if I just bought/waitlisted a Kindle today at amazon (feb 6) and the 2.0 is announced on the 9th, will I get the 2.0 or the orig? just curious as to others thoughts. my aim is to be amongst the first 2.0 adopters.thx
!

Hello, pippin, and welcome to MobileRead.

No one knows the answer to your question except Bezos, and he's not telling just yet!

In the meantime, look at the many books uploaded here for your pleasure, let us know what you like to read, and join in on the "which device do you have" poll!

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37730
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:49 AM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
See Amazon Kindle 2.0 rumors - price increase, "confidential sources" suggest that you will have the option of upgrading.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:39 PM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by pippin65 View Post
will I get the 2.0 or the orig?
Yes.
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2009, 03:02 PM   #6
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Warning to anybody who will get a Kindle 2.0. You should really wait, as when the Kindle 3.0 comes out, it will put the old one to shame.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 03:23 PM   #7
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7
I'm looking beyond and waiting for Kindle 4.0.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 03:37 PM   #8
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlondikeGeoff View Post
Warning to anybody who will get a Kindle 2.0. You should really wait, as when the Kindle 3.0 comes out, it will put the old one to shame.
Or at least it will be newer.

If the new Kindle matches that described and pictured by the rumor mill*, I don't see it as an improvement (especially at similar or higher price).

* Not that I believe it, but I didn't believe the Kindle 1 leaked pictures either!
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 03:47 PM   #9
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooks View Post
I'm looking beyond and waiting for Kindle 4.0.
Me. I'm waiting for the

Kindlogiconycyliad Reader

(pronounced Kind-logic-ony-cy-liad)

BOb

Last edited by pilotbob; 02-06-2009 at 04:26 PM.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:13 PM   #10
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
I thought it was pronounced
kynd lodge Ick On ic cal e ad.

thats certainly more fun to say.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 04:27 PM   #11
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybaby View Post
I thought it was pronounced
kynd lodge Ick On ic cal e ad.

thats certainly more fun to say.
You say calibre I say calibre!

BOb
Old 02-07-2009, 03:22 PM   #12
S.Canton
Groupie
S.Canton began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I have a feeling they'll give you the option of upgrading. I really can't imagine them doing otherwise.
S.Canton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 04:57 PM   #13
StanDaMan
Connoisseur
StanDaMan began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlondikeGeoff View Post
lol That does seem to be a problem with technology doesn't it? The new one is always just around the corner.
StanDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 07:35 PM   #14
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanDaMan View Post
lol That does seem to be a problem with technology doesn't it? The new one is always just around the corner.
Not a problem at all. Progress is nice -- specs generally go up and prices generally go down.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 08:46 PM   #15
StanDaMan
Connoisseur
StanDaMan began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwaldron View Post
Not a problem at all. Progress is nice -- specs generally go up and prices generally go down.
very true.
StanDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote