Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 07-18-2011, 01:55 AM   #211
Cola123
Cola123 began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 902
no thats not the problem.

if i open a book and try and turn ahead to page 10.. it might do the first 5 page turns and then it just stops turning. sometimes if you keep pressing page turn it works, othertimes it doesnt. sometimes if you put the pocketbook down for 2mins and come back and press page turn - it works. its very random.

I think the issue was resolved by formatting the internal memory
Cola123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 03:16 AM   #212
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Does it happen to all kinds of files, or only in specific file types, e.g. PDF in reflow mode?
Especially big PDF in reflow takes time to calculate the next page, so just leafing through it will get stuck sooner or later (same is true for epub, but the lag is considerably smaller).
You are not likely to encounter this behavior during normal reading, because the time it takes to read a page will give the device ample time to recalculate.
If this also occurs during normal operation, you might consider to reflash the FW
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2011, 02:54 PM   #213
pbmaniac
Enthusiast
pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: PB Pro 903, F/W 2.1.3=>downgraded to 2.1.2-fastdrv because of WIFI-bug
Screenshots

bug report

device: Pocketbook 903 pro
firmware: 2.0.6

problem:
When taking screenshots, they will only have 4 shades of grey (= 2 bits per pixel) instead of 16 shades of grey (4 bits per pixel), which is the maximum color depth the device can handle. I noticed this, when I was trying to take a screenshot of the inkview sample program.
pbmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 02:19 PM   #214
pbmaniac
Enthusiast
pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Stylus not working in dictionary on-screen-keyboard

bug report

problem:
I've recently noticed that the stylus does not work for the on-screen-keyboard when you're trying to type a word in the dictionary search.
The dictionary uses some special keyboard layout which is completely different from the ones used in other places within the user interface of the reader. When you try to hit a key on the on-screen-keybard with the stylus, only the "action" LED will shortly glow since it detected a touch event, but nothing else will happen. This is very annoying. Whats the point of heaving a stylus at all, if you cannot use it throughout the user interface?
I think that is a major bug.

Last edited by pbmaniac; 07-29-2011 at 02:32 PM.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:43 PM   #215
abijah
Enthusiast
abijah plays well with othersabijah plays well with othersabijah plays well with othersabijah plays well with othersabijah plays well with othersabijah plays well with othersabijah plays well with othersabijah plays well with othersabijah plays well with othersabijah plays well with othersabijah plays well with others

Device: kobo aura h2o
bluetooth connection issues

Not a bug actually. But I really want my pro 902 to be able to receive files from my win 7 computer via bluetooth. The thing is that pro 902 permit only obex which does not work well. When I try to connect, the ereader will keep asking bluetooth pin and end up with connection failure...
I really hope someone could help me with this issue.
abijah is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2011, 03:40 AM   #216
Wolframk
Wolframk began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaniac View Post
bug report

problem:
I've recently noticed that the stylus does not work for the on-screen-keyboard when you're trying to type a word in the dictionary search.
The dictionary uses some special keyboard layout which is completely different from the ones used in other places within the user interface of the reader. When you try to hit a key on the on-screen-keybard with the stylus, only the "action" LED will shortly glow since it detected a touch event, but nothing else will happen. This is very annoying. Whats the point of heaving a stylus at all, if you cannot use it throughout the user interface?
I think that is a major bug.
As far as I know this isn't a bug. There are two different keyboard layouts, coming with the different dictionaries. One is the qwerty layout that looks similar to the PC keyboard with three rows. The other one is really annoying and has three blocks with 3x3 letters. I think, this is what you referring to. This one works only with the buttons on Pocketbook Pro, letters chosing by marking it and pressing the round button.
When you are converting dictionaries yourself, you should use the new converter, because the new converter supports the better keyboard layout which supports stylus stroking.
I found it here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...53&postcount=1

Kind regards

Wolf
Wolframk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 11:12 AM   #217
pbmaniac
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolframk View Post
As far as I know this isn't a bug. There are two different keyboard layouts, coming with the different dictionaries. One is the qwerty layout that looks similar to the PC keyboard with three rows. The other one is really annoying and has three blocks with 3x3 letters. I think, this is what you referring to. This one works only with the buttons on Pocketbook Pro, letters chosing by marking it and pressing the round button.
When you are converting dictionaries yourself, you should use the new converter, because the new converter supports the better keyboard layout which supports stylus stroking.
I found it here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...53&postcount=1

Kind regards

Wolf
Hi Wolf, thanks for your reply and the interesting information. Yes, I was referring to the 3x3 letter block layout. I have never tried the dictionary-converter before since I was just using the preinstalled dictionaries, so I haven't yet noticed that there are different dict formats using different keyboard-layouts.

Still it's really nasty since we aren't able to convert the "old" built-in proprietary dictionaries (especially those from lingvo) into "new" ones which have the new touch-enabled keyboard-layout. Is there any chance that the old dicts will get converted to use the new keyboard?
Old 08-24-2011, 05:40 PM   #218
nirious
nirious began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook pro 903
please fix the following using chm files

I will refer to a separate thread I created concerning this.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=147489

in short:
The chm reader on the 903 does not handle chapters well.
It only counts the pages until the first "chapter" it encounters.
You need to do tricky things to read chapters.

It should just append all chapterts together as one big text, but retaining the chapters as index links (bookmarks)

PLease fix it for the september update release.
chm is a common ebook format.

thx
nirious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 04:42 AM   #219
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nirious View Post
chm is a common ebook format.
It is? What bookstores sell e-books in CHM format?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:37 AM   #220
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It is? What bookstores sell e-books in CHM format?
That would be most bookstores selling technical pbooks.

A lot of technical/programing books come with bound-in optical disks of example code, tools, etc. And chm versions of the book itself. A few years back pretty much all Microsoft press books had chm counterparts and most of their competitors did too. Mostly because of the interactivity and responsiveness, as well as it reflow capability, vs pdf. Plus it is easy to generate from html, rtf, and standard windows help files. It has its uses, what with its embedded structure, hyperlinks, and search.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microso...iled_HTML_Help

I haven't dabbled in those subjects for a few years now so I don't know how prevalent the bundled chm practice is these days. Still, I imagine there are thousands (tens of thousands? plenty of homebrew chm's, too) of those instructional and reference books floating around so chm support is a value-add for some customers.

Last edited by fjtorres; 08-30-2011 at 07:52 AM.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 03:13 AM   #221
adam l
adam l began at the beginning.

Device: PB 603
Typos in Polish language

I have found some typos in the Polish language module. Some are really annoying.
I'm attaching the corrected file with corrections.

Model: PB 603, version 2.1.1

Adam
Attached Files
File Type: zip pl-20110901.zip (12.6 KB, 255 views)
adam l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 05:35 PM   #222
adam l
adam l began at the beginning.

Device: PB 603
I'm using soft 2.1.1

When I'm listening to a book using TTS the auto-turn-off ability switches my pb off.
It should be disabled while TTS is active.

Just like a screensaver is off when your watching a movie.

Adam
adam l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:49 AM   #223
qariwa55
Enthusiast
qariwa55 began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T62D
Pro 602 bug: Arabic TTS reads left-to-right

Following Pocketbook's instructions, I installed the Arabic male Text-to-speech file on my PB Pro 602, fw 2.0.6. I have managed to get Arabic files to appear correctly under fbreader. The synthesized voice comes out nice and clear but it reads the words left-to-right, but Arabic reads right-to-left. So it is useless, in spite of the presumably hard work that has been done on it.

An obvious bug that out to be easy to fix: can anyone convince the developers to do it?
qariwa55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:43 PM   #224
Avicenna
Avicenna began at the beginning.

I have a pocketbook pro 903. I don't know where to start but I will first mention two important problems (I think they might be hardware related).

1- I use the scribble option alot to do calculations etc. I take care not to press too much and use the erase function as rarely as possible. However it has been a month since I have bought the device and it is loosing its sensitivity. When I touch the pen to the screen and draw a line ebook reader does not draw a line on the screen and it gets it only after trying it 3-4 times. This happens once or twice every few minutes (and I fear it might increase). Is this a problem with the stylus pen or touchscreen?

2- The pdf reader is having problems displaying the tones. For instance in the manual, in one of the first pages there is a picture of the device with arrows pointing at certain places. When I first open the page the arrows are seen and the picture is dark enough to see. But then suddenly the arrows disappear and the pictures turns to a very light tone. This also causes problems in some of my books where the font is not very bold. The pages are first opened with fonts looking bold but then they turn a very light tone of grey becoming almost invisible without zoom. So there is a brightness issue here.

That also happens when I close the screen. The number 1 appearing on the screen has some strips of gray on it. (my page refreshment is set to always)

Then there are the software bugs ofcourse but these are more important. How can I fix this?

In case you dont believe the second thing is a bug here is a picture for you (sorry for the crappy webcam). This is one of the problematic pdf files. At the top you see a very faint shade of gray which are actually almost invisible fonts. When I open the menu by pressing ok after the menu ise closed, the region where it was opened remains bolded.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...hoto00001y.jpg

Last edited by Avicenna; 10-03-2011 at 02:16 PM.
Avicenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 11:02 AM   #225
Anar
Anar began at the beginning.

Hello everyone. I bought a mint second hand 903 the other day and am very happy so far. Just one thing: i can't move a file (in this case a bmp-picture) to the \system\logo\ directory, because the option is not there in the menu. Might be nice to append?

kind regards,
Anar
Anar is offline   Reply With Quote