Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-09-2010, 02:52 PM   #1
recce101
recce101 is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony prs300
Calibre and public library books

Can calibre be used to manage (and transfer to the PRS-300) Adobe ebooks checked out from a public library?
recce101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 03:34 PM   #2
zetachi
zetachi began at the beginning.

Device: none
works on the 600 so I would assume it works on the 300. My library (NYPL) downloads a file in ACSM format. From that I believe Adobe turns it into the epub format and you can then transfer it using Calibre to your reader.

Last edited by zetachi; 04-09-2010 at 03:36 PM.
zetachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2010, 03:39 PM   #3
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
The book will need to be downloaded first to Adobe Digital Editions or Sony Library software. After downloading you can then transfer to Calibre.

If you wish to return the book early, this will need to be done via ADE or Sony Library.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 05:45 PM   #4
ommoran
ommoran is on a distinguished road

Device: Kobo Aura H20
I have found that you cannot use Calibre to transfer DRM books. I have totally ditched Sony's product in place of Caliber for PD books and ADE for library books and books I have bought. While I don't have the sony bookstore, I'm using Kobo - which is a division of Chapters/Indigo here in Canada, so it warms my heart to use them on a nationalist basis.
ommoran is offline   Reply With Quote