Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-04-2021, 08:32 AM   #1
wold
Zealot
wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: Lux 5, Libra 2, PRS-T2N
[GUI Plugin] PocketBook Tools

Basic Calibre plugin offering several tools for (recent) Pocketbook readers.

It should support most recent HD, Lux, Basic and Inkpad models.
When Calibre recognises an USB connected PocketBook reader, the menu options should become available.

Current features:
  • Merge/fix annotations on device. When replacing e-book files, older highlights/notes may become hidden.
  • Backup databases (explorer-2/3.db and books.db) to a specified directory.
  • Copy .acsm, .app, .dic/.pbi and font files to their appropiate folders on the connected reader. (optionally copy from .zip files, and auto-delete the source file)
  • Export highlights to HTML (sorted by either date or title). For more features checkout the Annotations plugin.

The help file contains more details.

Suggestions are welcome.

Click image for larger version

Name:	screen-menu.png
Views:	1172
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	187474Click image for larger version

Name:	screen-config.png
Views:	1143
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	187475

Requirements:
Plugin was tested with the 'PocketBook Lux 2' driver with Calibre versions 3.48-5.x, under Linux and Windows 10.
Plugin will also run under 2.58 but could not be tested due to device driver issues (if wanting, checkout CLI options for main.py). *Uses Vendor ID = [0xfffe]

Test results for MacOS and devices are welcome.
Tested so far: Lux 5, PB Color, Inkpad HD 7,8"

Installation:
Open Preferences|Plugins|Get new plugins to install the 'PocketBook Tools' plugin.
Or, download the attached zip file and install the plugin manually.

Version History
Spoiler:
Changelog
---------
0.9.6 | 2022 Aug, 26th
- Hotfix for Calibre 6.x due to Qt6 migration

0.9.5 | 2021 Sep, 1th
- Fixed to work with a single profile (thanks to romainsc @github)
- Fixed dialogtext for Merge/fix annotations

0.9.4 | 2021 June, 30
- added uploader GUI
- Prevent copy to/from same location
- Fixed minor filepath issue, and merge/fix dialog text
- reworked zip and delete related code

0.9.3 | 2021 June, 11th
- dialogs provide more feedback on number of backup/highlights/uploads, etc
- db backup adds date/time to backup filenames
- fixed: calibre 5 uses correct OS file dialogs

- fixed: highlight newlines exported as html breaks
- highlights without page(offset) have page set to '?'
- mac/linux: zip extraction restores modify/access dates (not creation)
- windows: fixed opening local file links in dialogs

- moved annotation count into functions (from device connection phase)
- compacted and simplified code
- minor changes/fixes

0.9.2 | 2021 June 6th, First MR release
- Simplified merge/fix annotations tool
- Minor changes (plugin name, PEP style)

0.9.1 | 2021 June
- Added merge/fix annotations tool
- Minor fixes (title/author sorting, page offset increment, config menu QT issue)

0.9.0 First version

Author PS:
This was developed for personal use and for learning purposes. If it proves useful to you, all the better.
Attached Files
File Type: zip pocketbook_tools.zip (42.7 KB, 28132 views)

Last edited by wold; 08-26-2022 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Updated zipfile
wold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 09:04 AM   #2
wold
Zealot
wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

TODOs
Suggestions are welcome.

Last edited by wold; 06-30-2021 at 06:33 AM.
Advert
Old 06-06-2021, 12:54 AM   #3
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
It works on my Inkpad Color.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 01:02 PM   #4
wold
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps67 View Post
It works on my Inkpad Color.
Thank you for testing it
Old 06-11-2021, 01:37 AM   #5
spider74
spider74 began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Inkpad 3 HD - PB740
It works also on my Inkpad HD 7,8"
spider74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2021, 12:56 PM   #6
wold
Zealot

And the plugin can now be installed + updated via Calibre's plugin manager.

Update 0.9.3 adds more details about completed tasks in the dialogs.
Backup files are now stored with date + time in the filename.
Other changes are listed in the about dialog/text above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider74 View Post
It works also on my Inkpad HD 7,8"
Great Added it.

Last edited by wold; 06-11-2021 at 01:25 PM.
Old 06-11-2021, 01:17 PM   #7
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
Works also on PB633 Color.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 08:43 AM   #8
serana
serana began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 3; Samsung Galaxy S10e
I just tried your plugin on my PB Touch HD 3 (PB632) and it works . Thank you for all your work!

Is it possible to extract the read status of the books on my device and import them to calibre? If I understood it correctly, you've based this plugin on kobo utilities, which seems to be able to do that.

I'm familiar with setting up custom columns, although I'm not sure what the lookup name would be here.
serana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 01:29 PM   #9
wold
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by serana View Post
I just tried your plugin on my PB Touch HD 3 (PB632) and it works . Thank you for all your work!

Is it possible to extract the read status of the books on my device and import them to calibre? If I understood it correctly, you've based this plugin on kobo utilities, which seems to be able to do that.

I'm familiar with setting up custom columns, although I'm not sure what the lookup name would be here.
You're welcome

Currently the plugin doesn't extract the reading state. It wouldn't be very difficult to implement. Matching Calibre books to those in the device database will be the hardest part. Some code to that end was written for the Annotations plugin. Re-using parts of the Kobo Tools would surely help (IIRC, only the menu and structure were re-used - it was mostly written from scratch

I might get to it eventually, but it would be one-way initially.
Old 08-19-2022, 07:24 AM   #10
the_Pan
Connoisseur
the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo Forma, Pocketbook Era
The plugin doesn't work with calibre 6.3.

EDIT: Just tested, it's working with calibre 5.23

Last edited by the_Pan; 08-19-2022 at 09:11 AM.
the_Pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 09:50 AM   #11
igorius
Zealot
igorius began at the beginning.

Device: ipad & inkpad X
Hmm, doesnt work with inkpad X. The "menu option" (whatever this is), never appears - or i dont know where to search for... I think its just the plugin which doesnt work in my case.
Configuration of the plugin results every time in "you have to restart calibre to configure the plugin.
Tried on OSX Big Sur and Inkpad X with calibre 6.3.x. Hope that helps.
igorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 11:21 AM   #12
the_Pan
Connoisseur
the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorius View Post
Hmm, doesnt work with inkpad X. The "menu option" (whatever this is), never appears - or i dont know where to search for... I think its just the plugin which doesnt work in my case.
Configuration of the plugin results every time in "you have to restart calibre to configure the plugin.
Tried on OSX Big Sur and Inkpad X with calibre 6.3.x. Hope that helps.
As i wrote, use calibre below version 6 and it works.
Old 08-21-2022, 01:55 PM   #13
wold
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_Pan View Post
The plugin doesn't work with calibre 6.3.

EDIT: Just tested, it's working with calibre 5.23
Thanks for reporting. It's likely due to 6.x using the newer Qt6 libraries. I'll take this up in the coming week, hopefully this involves only minor changes.
Old 08-26-2022, 11:06 AM   #14
wold
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by wold View Post
Thanks for reporting. It's likely due to 6.x using the newer Qt6 libraries. I'll take this up in the coming week, hopefully this involves only minor changes.
Fixed, minor changes indeed. 0.9.6 should hit the updater in a few hours.
Old 08-27-2022, 07:38 AM   #15
the_Pan
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by wold View Post
Fixed, minor changes indeed. 0.9.6 should hit the updater in a few hours.
Great, it's working now!
Thanks a lot!

Tags
calibre, plugin, pocketbook