Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 06-26-2012, 12:56 PM   #1
peterhondak
Zealot
peterhondak is on a distinguished road

Device: KoboMini (mine and MIL) KoboVox(returned), sonytouch(mom's),samsung7"
stylus for VOX

are there stylus' that would work on the VOX?
peterhondak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:17 PM   #2
valar84
valar84 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.valar84 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.valar84 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.valar84 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.valar84 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.valar84 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.valar84 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.valar84 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.valar84 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.valar84 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.valar84 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox + Wifi
Any capacitive stylus sold in shops should work with it. They start at around 10$ and they have a demi-sphere of rubbery material on the tip. The main problem with them is that they aren't that accurate because the tip deforms when you put it against the screen. Most of these stylus are marketed at the iPad, but they work on all devices using capacitive touch screens, including the Vox.

I personally like the Adonit Jot a lot. It's more expensive, but they use a plastic disc on a rotating joint instead, which allows for more precision.

Don't bother with Wacom stylus or plastic stylus that used to come with old smartphones or PDAs. The capacitive screen of the Vox will not work with them.
valar84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2012, 04:42 PM   #3
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterhondak View Post
are there stylus' that would work on the VOX?
They have some at the Winners at Garden & Taunton Rd. $7.99, they may also have some at the one at Harmony & Taunton, at least they did this weekend... I got a couple (Hip Street brand, they're on a fixture in the men's area) and they work great. No need to pay more.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:22 PM   #4
peterhondak
Zealot
peterhondak is on a distinguished road

Device: KoboMini (mine and MIL) KoboVox(returned), sonytouch(mom's),samsung7"
thanks Chantal, I was going up to walmart (Harmony N) tomorrow anyway, just I'll just pop into Winner's there.
peterhondak is offline   Reply With Quote