Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-10-2011, 06:24 PM   #1
CazMar
Book Geek
CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Asus MemPad 7" tablet, Nexus 5, Asus 10" tablet
Expired tag on Kobo

I have an old Kobo (no Touch, no wi-fi) and have just seen a new tag when I connect - the magazines on the Kobo have "Expired" in the "Collections" column. I know Calibre deletes the magazines off my computer after a certain time, but it normally just leaves the files on the Kobo. I had a look on the "What's new" page on Calibre's website but can't see anything jumping out at me about this (but that doesn't mean it's not there!)
Is it perhaps getting a library book function mixed up with magazines? Anyone else seen this?
CazMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:07 PM   #2
timlegge
Addict
timlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kobo, Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by CazMar View Post
I have an old Kobo (no Touch, no wi-fi) and have just seen a new tag when I connect - the magazines on the Kobo have "Expired" in the "Collections" column. I know Calibre deletes the magazines off my computer after a certain time, but it normally just leaves the files on the Kobo. I had a look on the "What's new" page on Calibre's website but can't see anything jumping out at me about this (but that doesn't mean it's not there!)
Is it perhaps getting a library book function mixed up with magazines? Anyone else seen this?
Older versions of Calibre did not fully delete epubs and other non-kepubs. It left some records in an expired status that did not get removed. Look for the files on the device but likely they were previously deleted. Simply delet the expired records and it should not happen again.

Tim
timlegge is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert