Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-08-2010, 06:28 AM   #1
yacoob
Zealot
yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.

Device: none
Pageflow/fullscreen with UI

Let me begin with a big fat disclaimer: I'm in no way a developer, and to call my C rusty would be a compliment. In the attachment you can find both source code and binary build of a small daemon, that once running, will try to add 'page flow' and 'fullscreen' options to popupmenu, for eligible files. There are still quirks to be fixed (see TODO), but it roughly works.

I'd be grateful for any comments, about both functionality and the code itself. I'm not that confident that I don't sport memory leaks, but I couldn't use valgrind to test that, as valgrind doesn't support ARM architecture. I'll put the source on github later on, and once I'm happy with the daemon - publish it for public consumption in iRex forum :)

How to use: either grab the binary build and put it in proper place, or grab the source and build your binary from the scratch. There are two .desktop files included, one of them will launch trickd, other - kill it. Once it's launched, two new options should appear in the popup menu, for PDF files. This program uses the same method as my earlier script, so toggling either of those options would end up closing all opened files, possibly dropping back to main menu, flipping the option in db, then reopening the file. At the moment I don't have any other good way of asking uds to sync its data to disk.
Attached Files
File Type: gz trickd.tar.gz (6.6 KB, 529 views)
File Type: zip trickd.zip (8.9 KB, 469 views)

Last edited by yacoob; 07-08-2010 at 08:16 AM. Reason: typo
yacoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:40 PM   #2
yacoob
Zealot
yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.

Looks like noone is interested :) This way or another, I've put the sources in a git repo here:
http://github.com/yacoob/irex/

Branch next survives USB connection now.
Advert
Old 07-09-2010, 07:24 PM   #3
yacoob
Zealot

Made whole thing a wee bit better (fullscreen in epubs) and pushed it out to people here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90085

In worst case, I'll have some new bug reports 8)

There's one thing that I got stuck at: flipping an option consists of closing all files opened by uds, changing the db, then reopening last file. I reopen that file by sending startTask to sysd, asking it to start 'uds /media/mmcblk0p1/thatlastfile'. Problem is, if I do it this way, I lose 'Back to Books' option in the popupmenu. I saw that reader itself seems to be toggling that option on and off with setItemLabel message to popupmenu - but even if I explicitly enable it, it returns me to main reader screen upon activation. Does anyone know whether I can set this menu entry to behave properly? Or is it some bit of logic located in uds that I have to convince? :)
Old 07-10-2010, 03:51 AM   #4
Gertjan
ex-IRX developer
Gertjan doesn't litterGertjan doesn't litterGertjan doesn't litter

Device: Irex DR800S, DR1000S, iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by yacoob View Post
I reopen that file by sending startTask to sysd, asking it to start 'uds /media/mmcblk0p1/thatlastfile'. Problem is, if I do it this way, I lose 'Back to Books' option in the popupmenu.
The content browser (ctb) keeps track of the last used category and sets the label in the popupmenu. When you start a task through startTask (sysd) directly, this specific feature is bypassed.
Gertjan is offline   Reply With Quote