Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-02-2010, 07:51 PM   #1
guyanonymous
Guru
guyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud of

Device: Ebookwise 1150 / 1200
CBZ/CBR files issue

I've realized that while some comic book reading programs open up cbz/cbr files fine, EVEN when they are misnamed (a cbz file is identified as a cbr file), some do not.

While I'd ideally find a program that would automatically rename them depending on the type of file they actually are, I've not had much luck.

That being said (and here's where Calibre comes in)....

When I find a file that is misnamed, I cannot just rename it within calibre or even in the folder in which it is stored.

I have to:

1) go to the storage folder.
2) move the file somewhere else
3) rename the file
4) edit the title in calibre
5) drag the new file in

When I have a whole series that is mislabeled, this is arduous and painful (though the situation is no-fault of calibre).

Any other ways to do this that are quicker/easier?
guyanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:40 AM   #2
guyanonymous
Guru
guyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud of

So no better way to update a mis-categorized file in Calibre?

I should have noted that merely renaming and "re-adding" from within the original book folder (created by calibre) results in a 0-byte file.
Advert
Old 03-03-2010, 12:42 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, you have to rename to a different folder and add from there.

If you're comfortable with scripting you can do this more efficiently using the calibredb command.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:02 PM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyanonymous View Post
So no better way to update a mis-categorized file in Calibre?

I should have noted that merely renaming and "re-adding" from within the original book folder (created by calibre) results in a 0-byte file.
I suspect the official method would be to skip your first two steps,
1) go to the storage folder.
2) move the file somewhere else
and use the Save book option instead (to avoid messing with calibre's book storage and getting wierd errors). Then delete from the db and re-add it after renaming. Unfortunately, it's no faster.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 04:16 PM   #5
guyanonymous
Guru

That was my fear. Ah well - c'est la vie

I have a friend making up a quick program to scan cbz/cbr files and rename them accordingly...that takes care of future stuff...just not current. I might export, fix, and re-import. That's just time consuming - but less so than doing them one-by-one.
Advert