Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 09-04-2009, 01:12 AM   #1
hmmbug
hmmbug began at the beginning.

Device: None
Hello from a Brit in Singapore & Thailand

Hi all,

Quick note to introduce myself.. I'm a Brit living in Singapore (when work insists) but also in Thailand for half the time..

All this travel would be helped by an eReader would lightening my bags somewhat.. will probably buy a PRS600.. just need to find a) someone locally who has grey imports or b) someone abroad who'll ship to SG...

Cheers,
Mark
hmmbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 01:40 AM   #2
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Hi hmmbug! Always wanted to say "hi" to a Brit in Singapore and Thailand, and you have given me this gift. Thank you.

I know you will enjoy your time here on the good ship MobileRead, lots of good information, free well crafted ebooks, and frivolity.

But first you need to get that eReader. I can't help you there, but someone might amble along any moment and point you in the right direction!

Welcome!

Donn
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2009, 01:42 AM   #3
chinesealbumart
Enthusiast
chinesealbumart has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chinesealbumart has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chinesealbumart has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chinesealbumart has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS505
I am a Singaporean and I got my PRS505 by shipping to a friend in USA. From what I know, BH Photo also ship it to Singapore.

Enjoy ! Our National Library in Singapore has quite a good Overdrive eBook Library too which u can use with a Sony Reader.
chinesealbumart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 08:42 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Mark and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 09:50 PM   #5
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead, Mark!

It sounds like a reader would be perfect for you. I hope you can figure out all the difficulties in purchasing one.

Happy Reading!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2009, 11:51 PM   #6
superstitious
Addict
superstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the rough

Device: K3 wifi
Welcome Mark!
I am from Thailand but living in the US now. Which part of Thailand are you staying in? I am sure an ereader will be good for a long plane trip. Im definitely getting one before going back for a visit next year.
superstitious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:09 PM   #7
hmmbug
hmmbug began at the beginning.

Device: None
Thanks for your warm welcome... :-)

Currently writing this from a nice hotel in BKK after a week in Samui being a tour guide for my parents.. it was supposed to be a vacation for me, but was hard work ;-) My usual "home" in BKK is either Ratchadapisek or occasionally Pratum Thani (with friends there).

The SG National Library eBook collection looks good - I signed up last week. Although my Singaporean Permanent Residency only lasts for five years, my library membership is valid until the year 2999! hehehehe ;-) That's a lot of eBook reading...

I'll look at BH photo - I once ordered some camera kit from them when I was in the UK. Will check them out again. Getting this eReader will be a good step towards my ambition of being able to put all my possessions into a single suitcase...

Thanks again all,
Mark
hmmbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:35 AM   #8
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome to MR!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 04:55 AM   #9
chinesealbumart
Enthusiast
chinesealbumart has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chinesealbumart has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chinesealbumart has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chinesealbumart has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS505
And u might like to know that a whole new collection has appeared in the Singapore National Library and finally in an ePub format !! Better late than never... cool !

http://tiny.cc/FF0o4
chinesealbumart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
singapore, thailand