Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-28-2009, 01:57 PM   #1
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Dana Stabenow announces....

...the first two Star Svensdotter series are available on Kindle. These have been out of print for approximately 15 years, she says on her site: http://www.stabenow.com .

I have probably made myself persona non grata with her, though, (which sucks, because up til now I've been an adoring fan) because I left impassioned pleas on both her website and on her goodreads blog begging her to reconsider and release for all ebook formats and stores, not only Amazon and Kindle.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 02:06 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Thanks for mentioning this. I left her a long comment too. She's probably tired of me too as I've brought up her current publishers crappy ebook support with her many times.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2009, 03:19 PM   #3
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Thanks for mentioning this. I left her a long comment too. She's probably tired of me too as I've brought up her current publishers crappy ebook support with her many times.
I like the Kate Shugak series.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 03:30 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
I like the Kate Shugak series.
Me too. The latest in the series is unfortunately only available on Kindle and it is a Topaz book that looks horrible and has all kinds of formatting errors. I ended up returning it.
Old 03-28-2009, 04:19 PM   #5
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I LOVE the Kate series. I didn't know about the latest only being available for Kindle, though. That's disappointing
Advert
Old 03-28-2009, 04:22 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
It is really a shame when authors just don't get eBooks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 04:25 PM   #7
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
I LOVE the Kate series. I didn't know about the latest only being available for Kindle, though. That's disappointing
St. Martin's Minotaur (part of Macmillan) usually gets around to putting stuff out eventually, but it could take them a long time. The Kindle version that's out sucks and is Topaz which Amazon creates itself from a less than stellar source (it took a month after the pbook came out). I returned it and went into great detail why I was returning it though I doubt it'll do any good. Why the publisher couldn't supply Amazon, and in turn other distributors, with a digital source for a brand new book is something I can't understand at all.

Hopefully Dana, who it appears has the rights to her earlier stuff, will hook up with Fictionwise or someplace like ereads to get her stuff out in multiple formats. I think a lot of authors are willing to try the Amazon route when they're self publishing because it allows them to get the books out without having to really know much. A lot of writers just want to write and don't "get" all the technical stuff yet.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 03-28-2009 at 04:28 PM.
Old 03-28-2009, 04:45 PM   #8
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Get this. I was just looking around and while you can't buy a legal copy, other than the crappy Kindle one, the book's been scanned and put on the darknet.
Old 03-28-2009, 06:39 PM   #9
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It is really a shame when authors just don't get eBooks.
I know! I would love to get some Connie Willis in ebook, especially as I have yet to see any of her newer stuff in actual hard copy anywhere. But no dice...
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 07:17 PM   #10
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Get this. I was just looking around and while you can't buy a legal copy, other than the crappy Kindle one, the book's been scanned and put on the darknet.

You are NOT helping. LOL!!!! I swear, that's like dangling a bottle in front of an alcoholic. I have enough problems resisting the siren call of the Darknet now, for books I really want!
Old 03-28-2009, 07:39 PM   #11
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
You are NOT helping. LOL!!!! I swear, that's like dangling a bottle in front of an alcoholic. I have enough problems resisting the siren call of the Darknet now, for books I really want!

Give in to the dark side.... *Vader style breathing noises*

Only kidding
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 07:52 PM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
I know! I would love to get some Connie Willis in ebook, especially as I have yet to see any of her newer stuff in actual hard copy anywhere. But no dice...
I was thinking more of the fact that when some do get into eBook form, it's a real mess like only available in Topaz at Amazon or only available in PDF.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote