Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-27-2008, 03:41 PM   #1
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
My haul at the auction today

I spent a total of $24 (after taxes and Buyer's premium) on two box lots. I might sell some of this on ebay, so if anyone here is interested in anything, lemme know, I hook you up

The one Eros magazine is the last photoshoot ever for Marilyn Monroe. And yes, she is nakey in it. Thought it would be best not to post that though, lol.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Auction 001.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	19944   Click image for larger version

Name:	Auction 002.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	993.2 KB
ID:	19946   Click image for larger version

Name:	Auction 005.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	19947   Click image for larger version

Name:	Auction 006.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	990.9 KB
ID:	19948  
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 03:44 PM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

And now for the bundle of prints! These are cool! All frame ready (obviously not lithos or anything, but nice). I LOVE the Miro and the Notre Dame one.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Auction 009.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	930.3 KB
ID:	19950   Click image for larger version

Name:	Auction 010.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	19951   Click image for larger version

Name:	Auction 011.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	745.4 KB
ID:	19952   Click image for larger version

Name:	Auction 012.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	19953   Click image for larger version

Name:	Auction 013.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	981.9 KB
ID:	19954  
Advert
Old 12-27-2008, 03:47 PM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

And some more...sorry about the flash. I need a new camera!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Auction 014.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	19955   Click image for larger version

Name:	Auction 015.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	820.2 KB
ID:	19956   Click image for larger version

Name:	Auction 016.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	821.0 KB
ID:	19957   Click image for larger version

Name:	Auction 017.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	916.1 KB
ID:	19958   Click image for larger version

Name:	Auction 018.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	19959  
Old 12-27-2008, 03:52 PM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

And some more! Weeee!!! LOL, this is only the first box!

Also in this box, but not pictured, three coffee table books (giving to maman)- Goya, Chagall, and Manet (the Goya one has a note in it from the publishing company to some guy, cool!). Also a whole bunch of music stuff, which I will promptly dump on my friend, who is a music teacher. Muahahaha!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Auction 019.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	19960   Click image for larger version

Name:	Auction 020.jpg
Views:	255
ID:	19961   Click image for larger version

Name:	Auction 021.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	782.2 KB
ID:	19962   Click image for larger version

Name:	Auction 022.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	19963   Click image for larger version

Name:	Auction 023.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	1,009.6 KB
ID:	19964   Click image for larger version

Name:	Auction 024.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	19965  
Old 12-27-2008, 04:20 PM   #5
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Next box. The first one is all in German, can anyone tell what the title page says?

The third pic is a nice copy of the Idylls of the King...with the cover ripped off
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Auction 027.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	784.4 KB
ID:	19966   Click image for larger version

Name:	Auction 028.jpg
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	19967   Click image for larger version

Name:	Auction 029.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	19968   Click image for larger version

Name:	Auction 030.jpg
Size:	928.7 KB
ID:	19969   Click image for larger version

Name:	Auction 031.jpg
Views:	242
ID:	19970  
Advert
Old 12-27-2008, 04:24 PM   #6
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

And the final stuff. I love the Toulouse-Lautrec prints

Then what I had been waiting for, the big ass book o'art Puurty.

And inside the front cover, I found the newspaper article. Cool!

And the final pic - for MJH - my beautiful bookcase is starting to fill up!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Auction 032.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	1,007.7 KB
ID:	19971   Click image for larger version

Name:	Auction 033.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	918.7 KB
ID:	19972   Click image for larger version

Name:	Auction 034.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	19973   Click image for larger version

Name:	Auction 035.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	778.3 KB
ID:	19974   Click image for larger version

Name:	Auction 036.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	19975  
Old 12-27-2008, 05:22 PM   #7
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Someone is selling the set of Eros book on their ebay store for almost $400. LOL, I don't think they are worth that much.
Old 12-27-2008, 06:13 PM   #8
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
What a haul! Congratulations! Meanwhile, I have 21 1/2 hrs to see if I get those 62 Agatha Christies.....I will NOT raise my bid!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 06:32 PM   #9
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
What a haul! Congratulations! Meanwhile, I have 21 1/2 hrs to see if I get those 62 Agatha Christies.....I will NOT raise my bid!
Ooh good luck!!!!! I did snag that set of books I posted the other day too What is the bidding at?
Old 12-27-2008, 07:01 PM   #10
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Ooh good luck!!!!! I did snag that set of books I posted the other day too What is the bidding at?
Its at $13 and change, and my max is $20........still a steal even with shipping charges. I don't care if they aren't in perfect condition. As long as I can read them.........
Old 12-27-2008, 07:15 PM   #11
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Its at $13 and change, and my max is $20........still a steal even with shipping charges. I don't care if they aren't in perfect condition. As long as I can read them.........
That will be a steal Keeping my finger crossed for you!
Old 12-28-2008, 05:37 PM   #12
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
That will be a steal Keeping my finger crossed for you!
I WON!!!! 62 Agatha Christie books, in good condition, no duplicates, for a total of $32 and change, including postage.

I'm well on my way to a complete collection..........
Old 12-28-2008, 05:41 PM   #13
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I WON!!!! 62 Agatha Christie books, in good condition, no duplicates, for a total of $32 and change, including postage.

I'm well on my way to a complete collection..........
Hooray! We will need pics of your booty

50 cents a book is a good deal
Old 12-28-2008, 05:44 PM   #14
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Hooray! We will need pics of your booty

50 cents a book is a good deal
One heck of a deal when you consider its all in one lot!

As soon as I get them, I'll sort and send pics. Then I'll categorize, and see which ones I'm missing.

Oh, and I did raise my max bid.........but only $5.........
Old 12-28-2008, 05:47 PM   #15
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
congratulations ! 0.50 a book is a great price, and you'll definitely get your money's worth and much more from christie ! enjoy them !!!
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote