Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-21-2012, 04:25 PM   #31
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Sage
Angry

I was very happy reading your post markino, because, that's exactly the one I wanted. So, back home, I went to my lastop to order one like that and it's not possible : the seller doesn't send to France (and it's not available form amazon.fr of course )
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:11 AM   #32
mutant_matt
Enthusiast
mutant_matt can self-interpret dreams as they happen.mutant_matt can self-interpret dreams as they happen.mutant_matt can self-interpret dreams as they happen.mutant_matt can self-interpret dreams as they happen.mutant_matt can self-interpret dreams as they happen.mutant_matt can self-interpret dreams as they happen.mutant_matt can self-interpret dreams as they happen.mutant_matt can self-interpret dreams as they happen.mutant_matt can self-interpret dreams as they happen.mutant_matt can self-interpret dreams as they happen.mutant_matt can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kobo Touch
Markino/vice-versa,

That's the one I just received last night. It's a nice fit indeed but I haven't actually used it yet (will do later). Initial thoughts are that I like it a lot, and will also experiment with a front magnet, if I can. Let me know how you get on with that also, I'm wondering where I can get a very slim magnet of the right size to have a go with? (to make it sleep/wake-up, on demand)

Linky: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Premium-Wall...3575172&sr=8-4

At £4.99, it's a steal!

HTH!

Matt
mutant_matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2012, 04:40 AM   #33
feenix1363
Lost and clueless
feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Glo, Kindle for Andriod, Kobo for Android
I've recently changed my own case to the Tuff-Luv embrace plus, leather. The embrace plus has both a hand strap and small kick-stand to allow you to have the reader un-propped on a table top while reading.

The case s a bit chunky perhaps for the home user, but I take my reader everywhere with me and the extra protection feels about right.

Despite being punted as a Glo case (it's not, it was a touch case) there is no access to the SD card slot in the surround and there is a retention flap over the light switch on the top.

Having said that, the fit is snug, very snug actually and the build quality of these cases means that I can quite happily live with it.

Although I did use the magnets to turn it into a 'sleep-cover', I've since removed them as the sleep feature isn't quite right in that it has a tendency to turn off fast ignoring your sleep settings if you don't read page one quickly (I know there is a work around but it's simpler to turn the reader on from the power switch) and if the case moves at all it will turn itself on and then off again, meaning that need to turn the light back on next time you start reading.

All in all though, this is a nice quality case and highly recommended

http://tuff-luv.com/leather-embrace-...hite-5903.html.
feenix1363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:08 AM   #34
markino
Connoisseur
markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Okay, magnetising on primary case is now completed.

First, these are the magnets - the smaller ones I bought from Ebay UK here, the larger ones I bought from Ebay here.

The first thing I did was stick them together, then mark them down two sides with a marker pen. This was my way of indicating which way around their magnetic poles were. This doesn't matter for the on/off magnet that goes over the lower right corner of the screen, but it does matter for the bits of the case I wanted to stick together - otherwise you will never be able to close your case. Obviously, this would be particularly bad for Sherlock Holmes books.

So then, they look like this:

Then I marked where they would have to go at the inside top of the front cover...

Carefully cut through the lining (without cutting through the leather cover)...

And slid a small screwdriver through the cut to loosen the gap between the lining and the leather cover.

Then I lightly sanded both sides of the magnet (so that the glue would stick them more efficiently):

Put some glue inside the cut, between lining and cover:

Then, making sure that the magnet was the right way around (using the marker lines), I slid it through the cut...

Added a bit more glue...

Pushed the magnet in to line up with my marks:

And pressed the edges of the lining back together:

Until it looked like this (with the glue still a little wet):

Once these two magnets were in, I just closed the case and then stuck the other two opposing magnets where they were supposed to go, using the magnetism of the first two to hold them in place while I marked around them, then did exactly the same thing as here to insert them.

My advice for the on/off magnet is to find the perfect spot by just holding it to the outside of the front cover, then use selotape to stick it to the inside to check it works opening and closing (and doesn't switch the Glo off again when you fold the front cover around to the back), before marking / cutting / inserting etc. I actually broke a couple of my smaller magnets by allowing them to jump back together (they are only 1mm thick, and brittle, so watch out for that), so I used a broken off half as my on/off magnet (as this is better if it's only just strong enough).

(NB If you have a book-style case (rather than my notebook / vertical style), it may be more likely that your magnet will operate the on/off switch when you fold the front cover flat to the back. My previous experimentation with this (which I don't need for this type of cover) suggests that: if you use a small bar magnet like the ones I have used here, but stick it to a small, thin piece of steel (even less than a mm thick) which is about 3mm larger than the magnet all around, then the steel should soak up the magnetic field on the back side to prevent it from switching the Glo off when you are reading.)

Anyway, this case now switches on and off magnetically as it is opened and closed, stays closed magnetically, stays folded back magnetically (front cover folded flat to back cover), and the tilting back section for the stand stays flat to the back of the Glo unless it's pulled out. 12 magnets altogether (I think).

Video of it in operation here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9O2Y...ature=youtu.be

Can't get this video to embed in the page for some reason...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	magnetising05.jpg
Views:	1701
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	96679   Click image for larger version

Name:	magnetising07.jpg
Views:	1683
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	96680   Click image for larger version

Name:	magnetising14.jpg
Views:	1700
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	96681   Click image for larger version

Name:	magnetising15.jpg
Views:	2157
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	96682   Click image for larger version

Name:	magnetising16.jpg
Views:	1747
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	96683   Click image for larger version

Name:	magnetising18.jpg
Views:	1672
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	96684   Click image for larger version

Name:	magnetising17.jpg
Views:	1697
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	96685   Click image for larger version

Name:	magnetising19.jpg
Views:	1686
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	96686   Click image for larger version

Name:	magnetising21.jpg
Views:	1646
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	96687   Click image for larger version

Name:	magnetising23.jpg
Views:	1685
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	96688   Click image for larger version

Name:	magnetising22.jpg
Views:	1624
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	96689   Click image for larger version

Name:	magnetising24.jpg
Views:	2065
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	96690  

Last edited by markino; 11-23-2012 at 07:57 AM.
markino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:55 AM   #35
markino
Connoisseur
markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vice-versa View Post
the seller doesn't send to France (and it's not available form amazon.fr of course )
Hi vice-versa - if you want to paypal me, I'll buy you one and send it over if you like?

They are still on Amazon (today) at £3.99, so I guess it would be about 5 euros for the case, but about 10 euros to send from me to you with signed-for delivery. Maybe 15 euros is not such a good deal for you?

Let me know, anyway...
Advert
Old 11-22-2012, 05:57 AM   #36
markino
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutant_matt View Post
Let me know how you get on with that also, I'm wondering where I can get a very slim magnet of the right size to have a go with? (to make it sleep/wake-up, on demand)
Matt - see above for answers to both...
Old 11-23-2012, 02:07 AM   #37
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by markino View Post
Hi vice-versa - if you want to paypal me, I'll buy you one and send it over if you like?

They are still on Amazon (today) at £3.99, so I guess it would be about 5 euros for the case, but about 10 euros to send from me to you with signed-for delivery. Maybe 15 euros is not such a good deal for you?

Let me know, anyway...
oops, I saw your answer only this morning... I'll see if a friend of mine (with a colleague in UK) can fetch it for me next time she goes to UK, and if not, I'll contact you
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:09 AM   #38
markino
Connoisseur

Great, all the pictures I uploaded for the above post have disappeared today. Does anyone know why?
Old 11-23-2012, 07:09 AM   #39
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by markino View Post
Great, all the pictures I uploaded for the above post have disappeared today. Does anyone know why?
They've been like that since the first time I saw the post yesterday.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:00 AM   #40
markino
Connoisseur

Thanks murg. Okay, put the pictures in again - hopefully they're stuck this time.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:55 PM   #41
Nothingness
Zealot
Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura H2O Limited Edition
I just want to say thanks for these reviews and pictures. Keep them coming! I have not bought a case for my Glo yet, I'm waiting after the Holidays. Beside, many cases will only be available after the Holidays too, so waiting will give me more options to choose from.
Nothingness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:34 AM   #42
jeffdonnelly
jeffdonnelly began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue/Haoqing Meebook P78 Pro
I'm using this one, it's excellent for my needs...:

http://www.amazon.com/BookArmor-Shie.../dp/B0098NHA3K
jeffdonnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:53 PM   #43
Koboyashi
Zealot
Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
markino, I've seen your video. Wow, very nice - a masterpiece
The perfect case for me would be a speck cover - with sleep function of course
Koboyashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:03 PM   #44
markino
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koboyashi View Post
markino, I've seen your video. Wow, very nice - a masterpiece
The perfect case for me would be a speck cover - with sleep function of course
Thanks! Some of those Speck covers are nice - do they do something to fit a Kobo? And actually, how do they stay in, I can't quite see - is it some kind of clip?
Old 11-28-2012, 08:01 AM   #45
Koboyashi
Zealot
Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hmm, both links to Kobo and iRiver give a "What the Speck?!" (nice pun) - today I've dropped them an email to ask whats going on with eReader covers.
Well, I think these FitFolio covers are made from tough-elastic plastics that fit like a surgical glove with a kind of clips at front.
Koboyashi is offline   Reply With Quote