Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you like Chocolate?
NO - The thought of it makes me queasy. 1 1.64%
NO - But I'll eat it to get at the liqueur. 2 3.28%
NO - But I will eat it to be polite when offered. 1 1.64%
YES - On special occasions. 17 27.87%
YES - Every day. 24 39.34%
YES - I would sell my body for it. 16 26.23%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-08-2009, 04:28 PM   #76
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Lovely poll, doog. Yes, I try to avoid it but crave it. I prefer milk chocolate, apparently since I am male. Kisses will do nicely.
Ok, come a little closer ... closer .... smooch!!!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 04:57 PM   #77
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
This is MY drug.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 05:05 PM   #78
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
I adore chocolate covered marzipan so long as it's German marzipan (good quality German marzipan is far less sweet than the stuff normally available in the UK).

My usual pick is this: http://www.niederegger.de/en/shop/br...ot/05040_7.php

But I've just seen they do one covered in 87% dark chocolate, which I must try: http://www.niederegger.de/en/shop/br...ot/05062_9.php :droolsuncontrollablyatthethought:
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:09 PM   #79
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
I adore chocolate covered marzipan so long as it's German marzipan (good quality German marzipan is far less sweet than the stuff normally available in the UK).

My usual pick is this: http://www.niederegger.de/en/shop/br...ot/05040_7.php

But I've just seen they do one covered in 87% dark chocolate, which I must try: http://www.niederegger.de/en/shop/br...ot/05062_9.php :droolsuncontrollablyatthethought:

Will You STOP it ......
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:29 PM   #80
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Sell my body? I doubt that would get me any chocolate....

Now all I need is to summon up the courage to try the two remaining Christmas bars I got: one is chilli and the other is ginger....
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:35 PM   #81
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post

Now all I need is to summon up the courage to try the two remaining Christmas bars I got: one is chilli and the other is ginger....
I've got a vegan version of a bounty and also a marzipan one (see above - but a UK version)
Old 01-09-2009, 01:43 PM   #82
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Will You STOP it ......
Old 01-09-2009, 01:44 PM   #83
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post

Ginger in chocolate in nice. If you like ginger.

The only chocolate I've tried with chilli in didn't really taste of it. Or anything else much really...
Old 01-09-2009, 01:46 PM   #84
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post

someone, please .....
Old 01-09-2009, 01:59 PM   #85
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
someone, please .....
The Chocoholics Anonymous meeting is in the third room on the right.

Be warned though, it is sponsored Hershey's.
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 06:48 AM   #86
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
If you're looking for dairy-free chocolate, try to find a Kosher deli (or the Kosher section of your supermarket, if it has one) and look for stuff labeled Parve or Pareve. Food with that certification won't have dairy ingredients and also will not contain parts of mammals or birds (such as meat or gelatin), but it might have eggs, honey, or fish in it.
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 07:26 AM   #87
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
SCENE: Late night telly watching. An after after dinner snack of a chocolate bar before us. It's opened, and found to contain, in the inevitable corporate sense of inequity, seven pieces.

Me: I'll have four

The Loved One: Why do you get four?

Me: I'm joking. I'll have three.

The Loved One: Why should you only get three?

[The Loved One requires answers, no matter which side of the bat you play the ball]

Me: Migraine. Less chance.

The Loved One: Well, maybe you shouldn't have any at all, if that's a chance.

Me: I'm willing to take that chance.

[...because I'm a rebel, who likes to live on the edge]

The Loved One: Maybe I'm not

Me: What?

The Loved One: Well, I was hoping to jump your bones in the morning...

Me: Right...

The Loved One: ...and if you have migraine...

Me: ...

Me: So, if I don't have any chocolate, I won't get migraine...?

The Loved One: Correct

Me: ...and if you don't give me any chocolate right now...?

The Loved One: Yeah...

Me: ...how do you rate your chances of jumping my bones in the morning?

The Loved One: ...

The Loved One: I think I can chop one of the pieces in half...

END SCENE

I might have migraine tomorrow, and be in a bad mood. If so, so might someone else be.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:28 AM   #88
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post

I might have migraine tomorrow, and be in a bad mood. If so, so might someone else be.

Cheers,
Marc

Please let us know how your head is this morning, will ya?
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:44 AM   #89
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Love in the Time of Cho.....oh, never mind.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:20 PM   #90
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Cadbury chocolate eggs are in the shops now!!! (Well in the UK.) Wonder how many I'll eat this year?!
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
peanut butter cookie, recipe