Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-07-2008, 01:33 PM   #31
artsci
artsci
artsci has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artsci has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artsci has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artsci has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle and Kindle 2
I've now made three of these Leonardo Kindle cases. Since I only need one, I've put the other two up for auction on Ebay. To check it out, go to Ebay and search Leonardo Kindle Case.
artsci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:16 PM   #32
macgirl
geeky girl
macgirl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.macgirl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.macgirl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPhone 3GS, former Kindle owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsci View Post
I've now made three of these Leonardo Kindle cases. Since I only need one, I've put the other two up for auction on Ebay. To check it out, go to Ebay and search Leonardo Kindle Case.
These are lovely cases, but I just have to know - did you price them at $300 because of the time required to make them and the materials costs? Or are you testing the market to see what it will bear? I'm never one to turn my nose up at cases based on price alone (I love Vaja products and have paid more than $100 for their phone and PDA cases before), but this is more than I was expecting for these...
macgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 04:47 PM   #33
carma54
carma54 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
This cover is outstanding! Please post instructions. It's beautiful!
carma54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 08:06 AM   #34
artsci
artsci
artsci has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artsci has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artsci has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artsci has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgirl View Post
These are lovely cases, but I just have to know - did you price them at $300 because of the time required to make them and the materials costs? Or are you testing the market to see what it will bear? I'm never one to turn my nose up at cases based on price alone (I love Vaja products and have paid more than $100 for their phone and PDA cases before), but this is more than I was expecting for these...
They're priced based on the time I put into making them -- the materials are probably less than half of the minimum bid. Actually, if I consider the opportunity costs of my time, I should have priced them much higher. I really don't need to sell them (no, I'm not testing the waters, and I won't be making any others), and if the bids are not forthcoming, I'll just hang onto them to use as gifts for family and friends when they buy Kindles.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:09 AM   #35
artsci
artsci

Quote:
Originally Posted by carma54 View Post
This cover is outstanding! Please post instructions. It's beautiful!
The instructions are posted here: http://imageevent.com/artsci/kindle

There are many photos as well as detailed step by step instructions.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:57 AM   #36
sbissell3
sbissell3 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusader666 View Post
your case is creative and beautiful, but please consider having them made in mass without killing animals. that would truly make your creation beautiful!
1. The majority of leather comes from animals killed for other reasons than their skin.
2. Much leather is recycled.
3. Leather is biodegradable and not a disposal problem that synthetics (e.g. petroleum products) are.
3. Changing your name to 'Crusader' is weird, but adding 666 is just creepy.

sbissell3
sbissell3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 09:38 PM   #37
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsci View Post
and if the bids are not forthcoming, I'll just hang onto them to use as gifts for family and friends when they buy Kindles.
Hey, can I be your friend?
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 04:43 PM   #38
trendfreaks
trendfreaks began at the beginning.

Device: palm
Amazingly beautiful ! I must say that too for a reading device which has lost some of its charm to trendy iPhone.Some rants I read..
"“Kindle is a neat device. Everybody likes it but nobody needs it. And nobody buys it"
http://www.trendsspotting.com/blog/?p=367

Such a lovely cover for a not so useful device.
trendfreaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 09:23 AM   #39
sbissell3

Another blind critique

Quote:
Originally Posted by trendfreaks View Post
Amazingly beautiful ! I must say that too for a reading device which has lost some of its charm to trendy iPhone.Some rants I read..
"“Kindle is a neat device. Everybody likes it but nobody needs it. And nobody buys it"
http://www.trendsspotting.com/blog/?p=367

Such a lovely cover for a not so useful device.
No one buys it? Not useful? I take it you, like many who bash the Kindle, have never seen one. Have you taken a look at the waiting list on Amazon or the resell market on eBay?
Old 06-16-2008, 01:50 PM   #40
TrendLover
TrendLover began at the beginning.

loved it.
read my review here
TrendLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 03:56 AM   #41
artsci
artsci

These criticisms from people who obviously have never used a Kindle are almost laughable.

I think the Kindle was the best technology purchase I have ever made. I use it all the time, and when friends recommend books to read, I just download them. For travelers, it's a joy. It's like carrying a suitcase full of books in a package the size of one rather small book.
Old 07-20-2008, 02:26 PM   #42
NcBlueEyedBlonde
NcBlueEyedBlonde began at the beginning.

Paging ARTSCI

would love to contract you to make a Kindle cover for me.. I saw the leather one on another site.. and tracked you here.. you can reach me at NcBlueEyedBlonde@gmail.com

I look forward to hearing from you! Thanks

Last edited by NcBlueEyedBlonde; 07-20-2008 at 02:48 PM.
NcBlueEyedBlonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 02:38 PM   #43
ronsbicycleworks
ronsbicycleworks began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Smile Kindle holder

My solution to the Kindle holder problem was to paste velcro strips to the device and the holder. Keeps the device inside the holder just fine.

Last edited by ronsbicycleworks; 08-10-2008 at 02:39 PM. Reason: spelling
ronsbicycleworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 09:42 AM   #44
sbissell3

I bought the M Edge Leather Holder and I love it. Looks good, works great.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:44 AM   #45
sbissell3

M Edge Holder

M Edge http://www.buymedge.com/p_KindleExL.html has their Kindle Leather Holder out. I have one and it's great. Looks good, works great.
Steven