Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-29-2013, 09:46 PM   #1
fleurdubon
fleurdubon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
About kepub DRM

I hope this question is allowed here if I make it vague enough.

In the comment section of the blog of a certain apprentice, there was mention of a script capable of removing Kobo kepub DRM, the non-Adobe kind.

I was just wondering if anyone here has any experience with it and can say if it works as advertised? I already downloaded it, but now I'm sort of afraid to try it out. The thing is, I really don't know enough about computers to have confidence that it won't screw up my laptop, and the guy who wrote it put in several warnings for mundanes like me.

Anyway, knowing myself I'll probably end up trying the tool out either way, fingers crossed. I'd just feel much better if I knew you developer guys could vouch for it.

Cheers.
fleurdubon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:07 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Well I've just tried it and so far so good. I had to make a few minor changes to it for it work under Windows 7 (as the author suggested would be needed), and I did not read fully the instructions on how to make HexDump work; I didn;t realize I also needed some support libraries for it.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2013, 02:02 PM   #3
fleurdubon
fleurdubon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Thank you Peter, I'm going to try it then. I noticed someone has also posted Python scripts for the same thing, but the Python installation looks massive so I think I'll just go with the batch file, especially since you were kind enough to test it for safety. Fortunately I'm still on XP so hopefully I won't have any problems.
fleurdubon is offline   Reply With Quote